BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:21 pm

FzBucKs

FzBucKs
Hi Al,

Based in Sunny Manchester, UK.

On a complete whim in the middle of December I bought my first motorbike - a K100. I passed my bike test 3 years ago but haven't ridden since - I was browsing eBay on a quiet Saturday evening and saw a bike that looked cheap - put a cheeky bid on - 24 hours later the bike was mine - no one else had bid on it - It was scheduled to end on the first shopping weekend of December and the during the X Factor final so it must have al gone in my favour Very Happy

New to Forum & Bikes 2011-110

New to Forum & Bikes 2011-111

I'm just trying to find as much about these bikes as possibe - Have ridden it a couple of times - only got a helmet and jacket last week - Hoping to get a ot out of it when the weather gets a bit better.

Paid £645 for the bike - 12 months MOT and a few months road tax.

Last edited by FzBucKs on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Fz wow what a bargain. Good looking bike for the price.

Hope you enjoy the bike and the forum.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

New to Forum & Bikes 170874

3Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:53 pm

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
That's a steal FzBucKs. You are sure to enjoy riding that.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

4Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Life time member
Life time member
I saw that one for sale and I liked the look of it. The best of luck with it. Give yourself a couple of hundred miles to get the feel of it and you'll understand the love we all have for these bikes. Welcome to the forum.
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

5Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:43 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Not a bad looking front end with the instruments and the headlight.

Good buy!

The more you ride, the more you'll love it!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

6Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Now that is a nice colour.
Well done Fzbucks, as 88KE says, a few hundred miles will get you comfortable.
RT

7Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Welcome Fzbucks to the forum that is a very nice bike welldone on your purchase as the lads have said a few miles under your belt and that grin on your face will be even wider Very Happy

BIG D

8Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
G'day mate, yes that is an attractive bike, well cared for , how many units of distance has it recorded, does the speedo work , have you bought a can of deoxit yet ?

http://www.airware.com.au

9Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:54 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum Fzbucks. Thats one nice steed you have there.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

10Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:38 am

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you on board bike looks great. Like many big bikes one needs to take care they are quite heavy and the weight is quite high up especially when the fuel tank is full. That said they are a great bike to own and ride.
Regards,
K-BIKE

11Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
Silver member
Silver member
A good looking buy. In South Africa depending on Odo reading you will probably pay about 1,600 British Pounds

Bikes Name: Lazyboy

12Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:17 pm

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member

13Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Life time member
Life time member
That's a nice looking example Ungaas. Someone's going to get a bargain

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

14Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:57 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome mate, that looks really nice - great colour (from a fellow new owner). Very Happy

These bikes must be near or at the bottom of their depreciation curve!

All the best
Dave

15Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 pm

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome to the forum Fzbucks.

Great looking bike. I like the blacked out look of the radiator cowl with the engine casings.

Best wishes, Dee Why

16Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:18 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. If you failed the sanity test, then you are in the right spot.

17Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:13 pm

FzBucKs

FzBucKs
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Really impressed with the bike so far.

To answer a question above - the bike has done just over 80,000 miles - everything works on it.

Don't know much about the bikes - I did wonder about the missing fairing as all the other ones I've looked at have different variations of fairings, this one must have been stripped down to personal taste by a previous owner - will keep it as is for a whie but might look to put fairing back on if it's a simple enough job.

Does anyone know if you can get a Haynes manual for this version as I can only see 2 valve ones on ebay for this year.

18Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the board. Good lookin machine...I like that color!

OG

19Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:30 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice.....welcome to the forum fz ...happy riding mate

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

20Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:41 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
FzBucKs wrote:Does anyone know if you can get a Haynes manual for this version as I can only see 2 valve ones on ebay for this year.
For a manual use the one for a K1100. AFAIK nobody including BMW made a paper manual for the K100 16v but there is a microfisch one available, it is available as a PDF download here from the download section. You will need a password from Crazy Frog aka Bert to get to the download section.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

21Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:49 am

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
Hi FzBucks,

Welcome.

Have a look on this very forum for manuals - under the section Internet links.

Mike

22Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm

dinos735

dinos735
Welcome aboard Mike,

I am sure you will have plenty of help keeping that beauty running from all the members here on the forum!

23Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:14 pm

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Dino,

Thanks for the welcome, but I have been around quite a while New to Forum & Bikes 22936

It's FzBucks who is new to the forum, and I'd hate to take away one of his welcomes Laughing

Mike

24Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member

25Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:29 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard Fzbucks - you got a real bargain there I reckon and any questions you may have will/have already been answered on this great forum Wink

26Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:01 am

dinos735

dinos735
Sorry Fz, I put Mikes name in accidently.

Welcome again to you. Hope you will remain on the forum as long as some of the other members.

Sorry Mike about using your name, Just the same i'de like to thank you for alerting me, and also thank you for being around so long. Hope this takes care for my mistake.

Thanks Brothers- Dino

27Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:34 am

mike d

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Dino,

Absolutely no problem mate.

I don't have a K100, but do have 2 old airhead boxers (one RS bought new in 1978), a K1100LT, and an R1150RT, a 125MZ, 1959 Royal Enfield Constellation, oh, and a honda (but that's the lawn mower Very Happy)

Mike - from a bright and frosty UK.

28Back to top Go down   New to Forum & Bikes Empty Re: New to Forum & Bikes Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:45 am

dinos735

dinos735
Hi Mike,

No K100? What a shame mate. I guess the garage is full with no room for a k100 bike. The flagship k1100 certainly is well built, especially with that electric windshield. I love that feature!

For a while I owned a goldwing. I hated having to manually adjust the windshield. You had to flip the latches, push down then lift up to the position you desired. After awhile I learned how to make it happen running down the road and not stopping to accomplish it. Of course that meant showing off with no hands on the bars to make the adjustment.

Not to worry about not having a k100. My feelings are, If it has two wheels I am there for you.

Don't know about the lawn mover though, I am a Briggs and Stratton man me self!

Ciao - Dino

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum