BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

FreebasserSF

FreebasserSF
Silver member
Silver member
Hello all,

I'm happy to finally join this forum after having spent so long chugging through all these helpful articles. I'm continually surprised at how altruistic so many of you seem, and how knowledeable and willing to share your experience, trials, failures, and mistakes, which I've only been able to share violently with my workbench and a combination wrench until this point Coffee, Dirty Fingers, and the K100 Forum 61740 . I look forward to contributing what I can and perhaps asking some of you for help and advice when, and not if, I run into trouble. This is a great site and I'm glad to participate.

Thanks!

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome FreebasserSFgood to see another new face and another brick on the road.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome FreebasserSF
get that machine going and take some photo's, this site is like a girlie mag, we all know what they look like but want to see more.
(except for Blakey, he just wants to see the colour)
RT

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
In a previous lifetime was Blakey (whose favorite colour appears to be red) the bullfighter, or the bull!?

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome aboard FbSF!

OG

FreebasserSF

FreebasserSF
Silver member
Silver member
I guess I really should post a picture to authenticate myself in all your eyes and what have you. I went and took some pictures for you guys to drool over. Those are ammo boxes I built a bracket for and a very naked front end. Also it's not down or anything, I've been riding it a lot, and noticing all the weird anomalies this great machine has to offer. Much of this bike was destroyed in an accident and I'm not going to buy new fairing, although eventually I may rig on a k75 fairing over my headlight or make some kind of fiberglass form or something. I've done everything on this bike except change the ABS brakes which seems over my head. A lot of it make look jury rigged together and that's because it is! It serves me well though if you don't count the speedometer and tachometer which have never worked and has forced me to learn the gear box by feel and sound.

Coffee, Dirty Fingers, and the K100 Forum Img_1811

Coffee, Dirty Fingers, and the K100 Forum Img_1812

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
I like the ammo boxes. Cool

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Me too. They remind me of travelling on my R90 with my mate Santiago on his R75 through Mexico and central America in the mid '90s, getting stopped at all of the military drug checkpoints because Santiago had these ammo boxes attached to his moto. The commandante would order his henchmen to go right to the bottom of the boxes looking for illegal 'drogas' or 'armas' (guns & ammo). He had them so overloaded (not with drogas!) that the subframe cracked and we had to find a soldadura (welder). We limped into a small, dusty Pacific coast town (you know the one) and whilst Santiago was welding up the frame (the soldadura just shrugged and handed him the torch), kids gathered round to watch and the local dog lifted his leg on our bikes. I went into the bar and could be found drinking with the local commandante and his four soldiers, red eyed and staggering they were, until the chief pulled a bag of cocaine out of his pocket and said in his best broken English, 'Senor, we all need our fun'. I thanked him politely but declined his generous offer, quickly downed my cerveza Pacifico (beer) and walked out the door just as Santiago was swinging a leg over the finished bike.

We laughed about it later whilst camped on a deserted beach but imagine snorting a line with a federal cop in Mexico! How many years in a Mexican prison can an Aussie gringo stand? I'd have a tattoo of the Virgen de Guadalupe on my lower back by now! Some of you might understand that 'cultural' reference.

Nice ammo bags, anyway, and welcome to the forum.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

FreebasserSF

FreebasserSF
Silver member
Silver member
Nice story. I'll have to keep that in mind when dealing with la Policia in Me-hee-co. I'll post more pictures when I actually mount the machine gun!

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
??? machine gun ....crikey!!!! .... only in the great us of a ..

looking good mr free .... i too have a mate with those sort of ammo boxes sticking out ...quite ...erm practical i guess.

good to have you onboard ....cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Right. firstly welcome to the forum.Secondly we welcome police (ex) bikes etc. Not sure about your mounted gun on the bike. My son has just come back from the states and assures me that the gun could be necessary in some places over there. Love to see you go through Maccas with the gun mounted. Will you get fries with that?

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ainsjac wrote: Will you get fries with that?

anything he wants ....i expect ....lol

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome FreebasserSF.

Like K Freak said, another brick that's out and about, so it's all good.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
blakey wrote:Welcome FreebasserSF.

Like K Freak said, another brick that's out and about, so it's all good.

plus +1

FreebasserSF

FreebasserSF
Silver member
Silver member
The only thing I need the gun for is over priced mechanics!

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Hi and welcome to the forum FreebasserSF, Those ammo boxes make good panniers and are a hell of a lot cheaper than those bespoke ali ones, a lot of adventure bikes over here have them, Lots of info to help you with your bike and a great bunch of blokes.

BIG D

Life time member
Life time member
Guest in the House wrote:In a previous lifetime was Blakey (whose favorite colour appears to be red) the bullfighter, or the bull!?

The Bullsitter ( might have misspelled that) Twisted Evil Sorry Blakey....I couldn't help myself!!! Coffee, Dirty Fingers, and the K100 Forum 177381

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to an institution run by the inmates, freebaser. It looks like you've a bit of work ahead of you there. Good luck with it!
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
No harm done 88...you're off my Christmas Card list Twisted Evil

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you with us and well done for bringing an old girl back to life.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome freebaser.. this is a good fun place to be!

Now? who was or is a Bull?????

Coffee, Dirty Fingers, and the K100 Forum Bull_fight_2 Could not find a RED BULL!!!!!!! lol!

Last edited by Albyalbatross1 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:38 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ...)

caferacer62

caferacer62
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome freebaser.. the forum is a good place with plenty of info.

Don't give in to the Black Dog!
"A Zorst, a zorst my kingdom for a Zorst"

Coffee, Dirty Fingers, and the K100 Forum 170874

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum