BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Google knows too much about you Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:53 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Very interesting article about your privacy and Google. affraid
Read this CNN article

2Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 am

Life time member
Life time member
It's about time a light was shone into these dark corners! I prefer the European approach to question them rather than just accept their "spin" on the motives behind their new developments.

It's all getting a bit Orwellian in cyberspace! and they can quote me on that!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

3Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:30 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Tis scary, and he main reason that I remain unlightened in the use of
all things hi tech (k bikes included, I've seen the way she looks at me).
Somehow this has to stop, we blindly carry on thinking that good will triumph, but history shows that the bad guys thrive on naivety
I'm out of here.
RT.

4Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
As a result of reading this article, I blew away my profile on Google Chrome and will never login to one of their service using the Web interface.
I will replace my Web Browser with Firefox, but everybody is data mining for private information.
This is what happen when a big corporation starts to infringe on your privacy... People drop the services.
This was a bad move from Google, but how many people are reading the fine prints
As a network supervisor, I should have known that everything is traceable but as I don't have trillions of Terra bytes of storage at my disposition, I cannot keep a copy of my user's data forever.

5Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:15 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
I took a look at Google Chrome when it came out and thought "NO WAY AM I GOING TO USE THIS" but that was a personal privacy and security concern that drove that. Recently I sat down and read the new Privacy Policy that Google has and the section in the innocuously titled: -
"Your Content in our Services

Some of our Services allow you to submit content. You retain
ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that
content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.

When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you
give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host,
store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those
resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so
that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish,
publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The
rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of
operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new
ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services (for
example, for a business listing you have added to Google Maps). Some
Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been
provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms
or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted
in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us
this license for any content that you submit to our Services.

You can find more information about how Google uses and stores
content in the privacy policy or additional terms for particular
Services. If you submit feedback or suggestions about our Services, we
may use your feedback or suggestions without obligation to you."

So basically anything you post as you post it it simultaneously becomes their property as well as yours, so if you discuss with someone on G mail then they get to own that discussion and if they wish create derivative works from it. Too bad if that idea for internet services would have made you millions, you granted someone else the right to use it. As often in life doing the wrong thing seems so easy whilst doing the right thing seems hard, by surrendering your privacy to a faceless corporation you place yourself in their power.

Regards,
K-BIKE

6Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
If you read the policy on Hotmail, this is the same story. They own everything that you send using their mail service.I read that years ago, and use my hotmail exclusively for 'junk' mail.
The safest Email maybe the one provided by you ISP.
I am a bit disappointed about forum Motion owning this forum database, but I looked at other providers, and they have the same policy.

CF

7Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi CF don't beat yourself up, there was little or no choice for hosting policies and what you did was create a fantastic place where great people can meet and swap solutions in peace and harmony with none of the ghastly fighting I have seen on other forums. Good on you as they say here in NZ.
Regards,
K-BIKE

8Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:14 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Here we go Google caught with their hand in the cookie jar and intentionally tracking Safari users.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/feb/17/google-admits-tracking-safari-users
Regards,
K-BIKE

9Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:27 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
In Canada, we should have elected Eric Schmidt (Google CEO) as our prime minister!

Have a look at the new proposed Canadian 'Online surveillance bill' -This is unreal- http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/02/16/pol-vp-terry-milewski-bill-c30.html

If this bill is voted, the government inspectors will have free access to any and all private electronic communications: phone, Internet, fax, what you watch on TV, any of your movements(Your Iphone cannot be turned off and the GPS is always tracking its position),.... Name it! they cover it all!

Google Canada will have to comply with this bill. Why not having a direct fiber link between the Google servers and the House of Commons. This would simplify the task.

Oh, Canada is a free democratic society! (China or North Korea don't look too bad after all).

10Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:22 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Thank you for that CF big brother is certainly alive and well, what to do for the best, limit one's activities I suppose.

BIG D

11Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:53 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member

12Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Thanks, it's already signed as well as this one.
Normally, politic is not the subject of choice on this forum, but this is very important. As soon as one country pass this type of bill, the rest of the G8 countries will soon follow the same path.

13Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Re: Google knows too much about you Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:26 am

Life time member
Life time member
Just got sent this digital journal article by a friend.

I'm going to give it a go...Although Google is a great tool I don't feel like being helpful in aiding them to harvest data about me.

88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

14Back to top Go down   Google knows too much about you Empty Google privacy..... Last chance!!!! Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
88KE wrote:Just got sent this digital journal article by a friend.
88KE

Thank you for this.
This is a good article with a very good description of the steps to take in order to disable some of the "services".
Mine were already disabled for a year, but the deadline is March 1st. After that, you won't be able to opt out letting Google associate your data to your name and.... publish it.

Act quickly!

CF

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum