BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
I'll be in Palm Springs for the next week, and am renting an R1200GS for the day on Friday April 6. Anyone interested in showing me the sights? I'm staying in Indio, and renting from Eagle Riders. I'll check the forum during the week. PM me with contact info if you're up for it.

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Never mind. Looks like I have a partner to ride with. He's got a CanAm Spyder, so this should be an interesting ride.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cool ...!!! enjoy mate

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
First pic is the twisties up to the Lookout just outside of Palm Springs, heading into the mountains.

Anyone in Palm Springs up for a ride? Twisti12

Next one is the Lookout and obligatory bike shot. Nice little Ferrari up there with us.

Anyone in Palm Springs up for a ride? Lookou11

Last pic is in the Joshua Tree National Forest. Looks just like in the movies...

Anyone in Palm Springs up for a ride? Bike_a11

350 kms all totalled today.

Last edited by club_c on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Amazing day, went from rocky mountains to mountain pine trees to desert. Nearly cut the trip short when a deer shot out in front of us from our left in the mountain pines. The Spyder missed it by about 6 inches. I figured it was a sure collision. I was riding behind so had a perfect view.

I was very impressed with the Spyder's handling, he led the whole time he was with me, and it was a match for the R1200GS in handling. Sheer straight line 'go fast', the Bimmer had the Rotax 996 no problem. The Spyder peeled off half way though the ride to head home so I did the Joshua Park on my own, which was it's own kind of treat.

R1200GS review: A beautiful bike, but overall, still preferred my R1150RT for handling and comfort. I suppose I'd take it over the K100RS (but just barely).

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
amazing countryside clubbie ....yes just like the movies we see of there

glad you had a great day ...

cheers

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
The Oz Adventure last year is still tops!

Did you know you can get sunburn on your face through the visor of a full face helmet???

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
club_c wrote:Did you know you can get sunburn on your face through the visor of a full face helmet???

If you're from Canada I s'pose it's even worse!

Glad you're having a fine time. I camped near where you took that picture with the rounded-off rocks, back in mid-2008 on a roadtrip from Washington state to California. It is an amazing part of an incredible continent. Cheers.

1977 R75/7-100, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '93 K1100RS, '95 R100 Mystic, '96 K1100RS, 2 x '98 K1200RS, '06 K1200R & '09 K1300GT. Projects: 1993 & '96 K1100RS, & one '98 K1200RS. The R100 Mystic, K11/12 Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K1200R & K1300GT are running, rego'd & ridable.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
thats why we wear the really dark tint durring the day clubbie .....

just silly dufus like me forget about aproching night .....giggle ...makes for a fun ride home eh ?

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:thats why we wear the really dark tint durring the day clubbie .....

just silly dufus like me forget about aproching night .....giggle ...makes for a fun ride home eh ?

Helmet came with the rental. I've got a dark tint on my personal ff helmet, and yes, those evening rides home with a tinted visor are entertaining...

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Guest in the House wrote:
club_c wrote:Did you know you can get sunburn on your face through the visor of a full face helmet???

If you're from Canada I s'pose it's even worse!

Glad you're having a fine time. I camped near where you took that picture with the rounded-off rocks, back in mid-2008 on a roadtrip from Washington state to California. It is an amazing part of an incredible continent. Cheers.

Yes, my face has not seen the sun in months. I saw that campsite you're talking about, I thought it was the sweetest place...

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
[quote="club_c"]First pic is the twisties up to the Lookout just outside of Palm Springs, heading into the mountains.

Next one is the Lookout and obligatory bike shot. Nice little Ferrari up there with us.

I was lucky enough to be able to spend five weeks there through February and March. Drove the same road, same lookout, everything....even a bit of snow on the roadside for part of it. I loved the area and the climate. You've inspired me to look into renting a bike when I go back next year.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
[quote="g35corona"]
club_c wrote:First pic is the twisties up to the Lookout just outside of Palm Springs, heading into the mountains.

I was lucky enough to be able to spend five weeks there through February and March. Drove the same road, same lookout, everything....even a bit of snow on the roadside for part of it. I loved the area and the climate. You've inspired me to look into renting a bike when I go back next year.

I would really recommend Eagle Riders. A class act.

I should have mentioned, before I cut into the park I was at a 1/3 tank of fuel, which is lots, right? In the park there are no fueling stations, but no worry, the road pops out onto Hwy 10, a main drag, and there will be lots of filling stations there. Right? As soon as I got into the park the fuel gauge started madly flashing at me "FUEL!" and gave me a mileage countdown to empty. I made it through the park to the 10 with 10 miles left on the gas gauge. BUT, no fueling stations for 22 miles!! I watched the mileage countdown through single digits with the seatcover crawling into my schincter wondering what I was going to do. No one I could call, and I really didn't even know where I was. Lots of traffic so I was prepping to thumb a ride. The gauge went to 0 and then went blank. I prayed, and I coaxed the BMW along until I made it to the first filling station. That was some stress. Then over to Starbucks and all was well in my world again...

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ah ! ....(writes in notebook ....."starbucks makes things better ")

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum