BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Today after reading about other peoples LED upgrades for brake lights, i installed some of my own. I picked up a couple of RED factory mounted submersible strips. A little exy but easy to use.
Brake Lights..An Easy Boost to Brightness Resize63
Pulled the rear tail light lens and wired them together, Mounted a strip each side of the brake light housing. They were a nice fit.
Brake Lights..An Easy Boost to Brightness Mounte10
tapped into the brake light power and earth..now i have a nice bright brake light that stands out when sitting in the UTE. had to get a drivers view on how they looked.
Brake Lights..An Easy Boost to Brightness Resize64
Just to show how bright the front led park lights are..
Brake Lights..An Easy Boost to Brightness Resize65

boristhebike

boristhebike
VIP
VIP
Neat work. Simple and functional.
KISS (keep it simple stupid) at its best. :pirat:

GB777

GB777
Silver member
Silver member
Great work

•Dyno Tuned to deliver 115 bhp. •Audiovox CCS-100 Vacuum Cruise Control. •Fuel Plus Version 3.1 Trip Computer. •R1200c Final Drive Gears (32/13 or 2.54). •Ohlins rear shocky. •K100 complete Aluminium Radiator fitted. •Davies Craig Thermo Switch fitted to Cooling Fan with manual over-ride. •Fuel Cap drilled and tapped to provide mounting points for accessories, including mini Tank Bag & Apple CarPlay Screen •HID Hi-Lo Headlight and every other incandescent bulb on bike replaced with LED's. •Bulb monitoring warning light no longer needed so it's now used to indicate when Side Stand is down. •LED (Halo) Front Park Light (BMW Car style).

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
nice one alby ....verrily cool..

congrats mate ...

hey btw ...do i see night illumination inside the fairing ...?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Life time member
Life time member
They're good bright ones Alby. I see you've used the hot glue gun to mount them. Mine (inside the headlight has vibrated loose after only 100k's, moslty on bumpy back roads. I gonna restick them with something stronger.

PS what's the black part in the first photo?

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
88KE wrote:PS what's the black part in the first photo?
Seems like a "monkey nut", rubber damper used at the alternator coupling. (3 of them is needed).

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
Inge K. wrote:
88KE wrote:PS what's the black part in the first photo?
Seems like a "monkey nut", rubber damper used at the alternator coupling. (3 of them is needed).
Yes..Its just for scale.

Hot glue on 120 grit surface prep has worked well for me on other projects..being plastic and polythene, sikaflex will make the joint, but not so cheap for small job. I used small cable ties for the park lights.

I am also toying with some you "WILL SEE ME" in the corner of your eyes as you pull out without looking.

Last edited by Albyalbatross1 on Sun May 06, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Albyalbatross1 wrote:
I am also toying with some you "WILL SEE ME" in the corner of your eyes as you pull out without looking.
This is not a bad idea.
I don't want my bike to look like a Xmas tree, but a couple of LEDs well placed could be a great security feature.

Good work.

CF

Albyalbatross1

Albyalbatross1
Life time member
Life time member
[quote="Crazy Frog"]
Albyalbatross1 wrote:

I don't want my bike to look like a Xmas tree, but a couple of LEDs well placed could be a great security feature.

CF

The LED appear to be so bright due to the 15 sec exposure. (full moon). This picture gives you a much better idea of how it looks. Only a five second exposure. The air exghaust vents appear to glow. LEDs are mounted all the way forward near the radiator.
Brake Lights..An Easy Boost to Brightness Resize66
The idea is that people will notice something not is not NORMAL before commonly seen items. (and it kinda looks cool on the move at night) Cool

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I know the brightness of the new LEDs. I have 24 of them in my parking light, and was not able to take a good picture of it. Remember the video that I posted around Christmas Very Happy
I have a Philips ultra white H4 bulb in my headlight, and it looks yellow in comparison of the LED parking light.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oh ! now i understand the reason for the light blocking at the fairing alby ...giggle .. shes a beudy mate ..

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum