BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:10 am

wez1

wez1
hi guys n dolls.

been asked to introduce myself.

i am new to BM's got a track of being hooked on kwaks but for the life of me i never thought i would ride a bmw.

now i do loads of miles so hence a shaft drive is the best solution and no better can be had than german build as i spent 25 years there it was an obvoius move. Smile

now i got myself an old nonrunning K100 and took half an hour and it came to life fuel pump was duff left in a tank of water.

been riding for over 25 years and now living in scotland. our great weather has given me thought to moving to a decent all weather bike so now i'm here, lol.

i'm here to find other guys like myself who enjoy the banter, need help, can give help and enjoy the thrills of riding no matter what we all stars somewhere.

i live in the proximity of livingston in the greatest small country in the world, we can do most things but football is not one of them....but we can toss cabers throw hammers and fight each other or everyone else that's more like us .

so hello everyone and hope to enjoy contacts and maybe make a few friends here.

WEZ.

2Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:17 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good firey introduction wes ....
good luck with your challenges ....theres lots of help in here and from some awesome folks
cheers !!

Last edited by charlie99 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:59 am

dee why

dee why
Gold member
Gold member
Hi Wez,

Thankyou for your introduction.

Yes, I think you live in a great small country. My lot are from Falkirk about 170 years ago!

My dream is to revisit the Applecross Peninsula, but next time on a bike.

You will get lots of technical support here as you need it.

Cheers,

04/86 K100 VIN 0009479 Columbia Silver

4Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:32 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum...we can't chuck those pieces of wood like the Scots do, we tried and they kept coming back at us...bloody boomerangs!

5Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:37 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi wez welcome to the mad house.
Didn't Scotland just give the wallabies a serve and then bang their heads together. Hmmm strange people must be a cultural thing)

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmmm scotland versus wallabies is comming up in the next few weeks down here in aus

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:04 am

g35corona

g35corona
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome aboard WEZ.

;BMW;

ex:1986 K100 RT Vin #0091835

2012 R1200 GS

8Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 pm

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum WEZ - enjoy your time here Wink

9Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi WEZ,
Great to have you with us and from experience riding in Scotland is much nicer behind a decent fairing since naked bikes are no pleasure in the winter sleet. Looking forward to tales of your adventures.
Regards,
K-BIKE

10Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 am

mr grumpy

mr grumpy
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome, Wez. I hope you're enjoying the British summer as much as I am.

11Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:37 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hello Wez...enjoy your time here!

A couple of photos of where you live wouldn't go astray!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

12Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:16 am

Life time member
Life time member
You have some great K-Bike aficionados in Bonny Scotland so you're in good company, Wez. There is no cure for this k-bike disease but regular visits to the forum will help control the condition!
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

13Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:11 pm

wez1

wez1
charlie99 wrote:hmmm scotland versus wallabies is comming up in the next few weeks down here in aus

mmmh by the way did we not win for a change lol

14Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:14 pm

wez1

wez1
blakey wrote:Hello Wez...enjoy your time here!

A couple of photos of where you live wouldn't go astray!

will try to accomedate when i get the time have a few but need to get them sorted just tdrying to pick out the favorite ones is real hard cos there are to many in and around scotland. and as of yet i have none from any bike tour i have made .... must revise what i take along in my pack lol

15Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:16 pm

wez1

wez1
mr grumpy wrote:Welcome, Wez. I hope you're enjoying the British summer as much as I am.

had a few great sunny days here but as i say it is scotland we get ourt Tshirts an as soon as sun appears in the sky no matter the temperature.wez bonnie scotland  815479305

that is what i call desperate lol!

16Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have been told that if from the Shetland Islands you can see the mainland then it's going to rain and if you can't then it is raining.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

17Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty Re: wez bonnie scotland Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:01 am

wez1

wez1
wez bonnie scotland  112350 could be true but anyone who has been to scotland always come back if they can put up with summer fall winter and spring in one day lol! and believe me it does happen on ocasions ...

the only real issue that people have in scotland os a tiny pague fromm hell is is callede a midgie tiny fly that bite's or stings in a nutshell makes you want to go crazy scratching yourself so flynet and lots of skin so soft from AVON help avoid being bitten but mekes you stink like a poof Wink but that aside oor wee country is beautifull and well worth coming to see

18Back to top Go down   wez bonnie scotland  Empty now that the beast has passed not Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm

wez1

wez1
a long haul it has been and still have a few issues to sort but the hurdle of MOT is over and done with Very Happy had the first real ride today 100 miles and it was dry well i never lol

so be glad to find a few more of us to ride with so we can try to get a small group for a small tour maybe

still need to fix the paint work it is rather tatty at the minute and need to find the fault in the ABS but hey small problems compared to bleeding the darned brakes.

will paint is as soon as i get the time to strip it and that might be a year till it gets done but it runs well and that id thr msin thing let's just hope that we get some good weather and i mean less rain not needing blistering hot sunshine just some dry time

once more thanks to the guys who all put there time into giving advice on the brake issues i had big CHEERS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum