BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Good Vibrations.... Empty Good Vibrations.... Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Lucky Lou

Lucky Lou
As this is my first "K" i am on a bit of a learning curve, the old "R" series boxers i am used to riding all have a odd vibration usually at about 4250 to 4500 RPM did a long motorway blast today to make sure my electrical gremlins were slain, i noticed a bit of a vibration just over the 6000 RPM (80-85mphish) mark just wondered if this was normal

Thanks Lou

2Back to top Go down   Good Vibrations.... Empty Re: Good Vibrations.... Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
My experience is.........it`s usual with vibs in the area 3600 -3900 rpm,
above 4000...smooth all the way to the top.

3Back to top Go down   Good Vibrations.... Empty Re: Good Vibrations.... Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:18 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
My K100RS has her strongest vibes around 3K rpm. Higher rpms and everything begins to progressively smooth out very nicely.
I guess our machines all have their own personalities.

4Back to top Go down   Good Vibrations.... Empty Re: Good Vibrations.... Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 am

JGT

JGT
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi Lou, I have had the same experience of many years 'R' riding before moving on to a 'K' this year. Once i get above 4000rpm it becomes tolerably smooth and i find i dont notice it after a while but it doesn't go away! The twins still made my finger ends go numb on a long run. john

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum