BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
Hi, I'm Alyson and I joined your group yesterday. I look forward to offering advice or parts for sale and I look forward to learning more about my bike(s).

Currently own 7 motorbikes;

1930 Harley Davidson VL 74" Flathead. 1963 Harley Davidson Servi-Car. 1959 Triump Tigress 250 w/electric start. 1964 Triumph Tigress 250 w/o electric start. 1970 BMW R75/5. 1983 BMW K100 2012 BMW S1000RR

I live in North Vancouver, B.C. Canada. Served with the Canadian Forces 10 yrs. as a Combat Engineer. Been riding since 1980 First bike was a '43 Harley. I didn't break anything so I'm still riding !

Thanks ! Alyson

2Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:40 pm

CaperKen

CaperKen
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome Alyson ... from way across Canada ... Cape Breton Island. I also have a K100RS and a S1000RR. I find them to be a nice contrast with each one being 'special' in its own way.

3Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome from another East coast rider.
You have quite a collection of bikes.
The Servi-Car is certainly an alternative to a sidecar. Are you riding it? Any pics ?
Enjoy the forum.

CF

4Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:33 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome too Alyson....I am on K100LT.......my brother uses an S1000RR..........nice machine. He calls mine a pipe and slippers bike. I dont mind, I like it. Not sure where that leaves you with one....but welcome and if you travel to Europe let us know over here and we will roll out a proper welcome and keep you appraised of fellow brick owners.

Guys in this site are very helpful, kindly solved my problems.

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 48,061 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 61,190 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

5Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Welcome from the Pacific Northwest Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:16 pm

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Alyson,
I've just recently returned from a short visit to B.C., but a bit to the east of you. I usually visit friends in Nakusp in July, and this year was no different... nice riding to be enjoyed there in B.C.
Next month I'll be riding my K100RS through parts of Oregon and Washington. Perhaps we'll try for Vancouver Island as well. But my riding buddy and I don't make very detailed plans when we tour, as weather can change them in any case.
If you've some favorite routes to recommend in the neighborhood, I'm sure open to suggestions!
I'm very impressed with the range of bikes in your collection! They sure span some time and technology. Very Happy

6Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum from somewhere a little south of you.

7Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:30 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Alyson from somewhere a little more south than the last one.
Look forward to reading some of your experiences. Some of our lives have been a bit more mundane.
RT

8Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome Alyson you certainly have a good collection of old and modern classics.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

9Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
CaperKen wrote:Welcome Alyson ... from way across Canada ... Cape Breton Island. I also have a K100RS and a S1000RR. I find them to be a nice contrast with each one being 'special' in its own way.

Thank You for the welcome ! I ride mainly the RR and my K depending on what/where I'm going. If it's a day ride, the RR gets to go out. If us ladies are heading out for an overnighter somewhere, the K (with hard bags) goes out. Both are like yours being special in their own way. Thanks again ! Alyson

10Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
Crazy Frog wrote:Welcome from another East coast rider.
You have quite a collection of bikes.
The Servi-Car is certainly an alternative to a sidecar. Are you riding it? Any pics ?
Enjoy the forum.

CF

Thanks CF for the open arm welcome ! I'll try to get some pics posted on the gallery site. Some of my old and no longer around bikes as well. Thanks again, Alyson

11Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
92KK K100LT 193214 wrote:Welcome too Alyson....I am on K100LT.......my brother uses an S1000RR..........nice machine. He calls mine a pipe and slippers bike. I dont mind, I like it. Not sure where that leaves you with one....but welcome and if you travel to Europe let us know over here and we will roll out a proper welcome and keep you appraised of fellow brick owners.

Guys in this site are very helpful, kindly solved my problems.

Thank you as well for the warm welcome ! Never been to Ireland but I'm sure it's as beautifull as I've heard it is. I could sure use a pint of something right now too ! Why does Ireland make me think that way ? If I were to make it over I'd surely take the brick as I'd be living out of my hard bags !! Thanks again and a Warm Welcome from Vancouver, Canada !!

12Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
Rick G wrote:Welcome Alyson you certainly have a good collection of old and modern classics.

Hi Rick G, Thank you too for the Warm Welcome !! and Thanks for the compliment, I'm sure my bikes would be happy to know they're appreciated by others than myself ! Alyson

13Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
brickrider wrote:Welcome Alyson,
I've just recently returned from a short visit to B.C., but a bit to the east of you. I usually visit friends in Nakusp in July, and this year was no different... nice riding to be enjoyed there in B.C.
Next month I'll be riding my K100RS through parts of Oregon and Washington. Perhaps we'll try for Vancouver Island as well. But my riding buddy and I don't make very detailed plans when we tour, as weather can change them in any case.
If you've some favorite routes to recommend in the neighborhood, I'm sure open to suggestions!
I'm very impressed with the range of bikes in your collection! They sure span some time and technology. Very Happy

Hi Brickrider, Thank you for the nice Welcome ! We ladies of Free Wheelin' just came back from WA. state on a 4 day ride. There were 17 of us and we rode through Winthrop and stayed in Levanworth. Both as beautifull as can be and both recomended. We went down through the Sumas border crossing, going down by Mt. Baker riding through the forested glades and creek sides. Just an amazing journey.

I'm glad you enjoyed B.C. riding. There's certainly lots to see and some very nice roads worth riding on. I recently also did the Iron Butt challange from Vancouver, Hope, Pr. George, Kamloops, Hope, and Vancouver again. I should be on the Iron Butt site as a member by now. We did 1,721 km in 18 hrs. and that was at the beginning of June. That was a ride and a half !! Bears and deer a plenty. I'm sure you saw your fair share as well during your ride. I did the Oregon Coast and California Red Wood Forest years ago on my Harley (now gone) all the way down to Studio City, L.A That's a ride everyone should take. Breathtaking ! I think we've all been on the road less travelled with tales of yore to tell ! I'm looking to hear more !! Thanks again, Alyson

14Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
ainsjac wrote:Welcome to the forum from somewhere a little south of you.

Thank You Too !! Right back at you !! Thanks, Alyson

15Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
RT wrote:Welcome Alyson from somewhere a little more south than the last one.
Look forward to reading some of your experiences. Some of our lives have been a bit more mundane.
RT

Hi RT, Thank You for the Welcome !! I'll post pictures and share more stories as time permits. It's nice to be welcomed so much !! Thanks Again, Alyson

16Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:12 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard...!!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

17Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:58 am

mr grumpy

mr grumpy
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome, Alyson, from another Canuck (Toronto) now living in UK. That is a truly eclectic collection you have there. I served with the British army, Military Police Para Provost, and was about to transfer to CAF in the early 1990s but the "peace dividend" and subsequent force reductions killed that idea. I guess you know CFB Lahr well? Some of the best food in my entire military career was eaten there.

Having written the above it has occurred to me that you are probably way too young to have served at Lahr; us old people tend to lose track of time!

18Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:49 am

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Alyson. I'd never get anywhere if I had that many bikes to choose from - I'd be like a kid in a candy shop! bounce

Would love to see some west cost pics if you can get the time to post some (or a link to a blog) I understand it to be very beautiful countryside for biking. Enjoy the forum, there's a wealth of "K"nowledge and good banter too on here.
88KE

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

19Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:52 am

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
charlie99 wrote:welcome aboard...!!

Thank You Charlie99, I'm Happy to be here !! Alyson

20Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:55 am

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
88KE wrote:Welcome Alyson. I'd never get anywhere if I had that many bikes to choose from - I'd be like a kid in a candy shop! bounce

Would love to see some west cost pics if you can get the time to post some (or a link to a blog) I understand it to be very beautiful countryside for biking. Enjoy the forum, there's a wealth of "K"nowledge and good banter too on here.
88KE

Good Morning 88KE, I'm looking forward to the Banter and K Knowledge (even though my K is running quite well, knock on wood) and I'll get some pics up soon ! Thanks Again ! Alyson

21Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:12 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Alyson? What is favourite bike from your collection?

22Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
nino wrote:Welcome Alyson? What is favourite bike from your collection?

Hi Nino, I've visted Dubrovnik while stationed in Bosnia with the Canadian Forces SFOR in '97. Loved the country ! My favourite bike ? They're all so much different and serve a purpose unique to their own it's hard to say. Whether I'm riding my scooter to the beach, or touring on my K100, or zipping along on my S1000RR, or attending antique rally's on my 1930 Harley... it's all different and I enjoy them all ! Hard question to answer. I like anything on two wheels !! Greetings from Vancouver, B.C. Canada !! Thanks for asking, Alyson

23Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 pm

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Alyson M. Nerker wrote:
nino wrote:Welcome Alyson? What is favourite bike from your collection?

Hi Nino, I've visted Dubrovnik while stationed in Bosnia with the Canadian Forces SFOR in '97. Loved the country ! My favourite bike ? They're all so much different and serve a purpose unique to their own it's hard to say. Whether I'm riding my scooter to the beach, or touring on my K100, or zipping along on my S1000RR, or attending antique rally's on my 1930 Harley... it's all different and I enjoy them all ! Hard question to answer. I like anything on two wheels !! Greetings from Vancouver, B.C. Canada !! Thanks for asking, Alyson

Bosnia 97, at that time I worked as reporter and used to come to Sarajevo very often through that mountain road on Igman, and than through the tunnel to the city. It was experience. This summer I plan to visit Sarajevo after few years.

Understood the answer - bike depending on ocassion. In this summer crowd here the most useful and fastest bike is 50 cc - 50 kilo scooter. Regards

24Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Alyson,
Welcome to the forum lots of really friendly folks on the list and heaps of experience, I look forward to some tour reports from you and your many bikes.
Regards,
K-BIKE

25Back to top Go down   New Member  Alyson M. Nerker Empty Re: New Member Alyson M. Nerker Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:36 am

Alyson M. Nerker

Alyson M. Nerker
K-BIKE wrote:Hi Alyson,
Welcome to the forum lots of really friendly folks on the list and heaps of experience, I look forward to some tour reports from you and your many bikes.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Good Morning K-Bike ! Thank You for the warm welcome !! This morning I will be leading a ride of 6 Ladies from our Free Wheelin' group up to Squamish and Paridise Valley as well as Squamish Valley. It's a short ride, about 4-5 hours but very scenic and as some of the members have not been up that way for quite some time it should be a remarkable experience. I'll try to post some photos later.

Thanks, and Greetings from Vancouver, B.C. Canada ! Alyson

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum