BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   reusable cleanable oil filters? Empty reusable cleanable oil filters? Fri May 29, 2009 1:33 am

roys

Silver member
Silver member
hi,

I am wondering if anyone has any experience /opinion with such products.

if so can you share your experience and the brands used?

thank you,
Roy

2Back to top Go down   reusable cleanable oil filters? Empty Re: reusable cleanable oil filters? Sun May 31, 2009 6:43 pm

redrusty2000

Roy,

Not sure I would trust these as well as disposable filters. How could you be sure that every scrap of abrasive contaminant was removed by the cleaning process? Throwing away and replacing does mean having faith in the filter manufacturer but they usually know their stuff if they are reputable.

3Back to top Go down   reusable cleanable oil filters? Empty Re: reusable cleanable oil filters? Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:24 am

roys

Silver member
Silver member
hi,

You are correct, that is one of the reasons i am looking for some one with real world experience with these.

Roy

4Back to top Go down   reusable cleanable oil filters? Empty Re: reusable cleanable oil filters? Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:58 pm

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
Interesting !
hadnt thought much about this and a quick googling got me this.

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/kp-engineerings-reusable-oil-filter-71983.html

5Back to top Go down   reusable cleanable oil filters? Empty Re: reusable cleanable oil filters? Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:16 am

roys

Silver member
Silver member
reg_K100RS wrote:Interesting !
hadnt thought much about this and a quick googling got me this.

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/kp-engineerings-reusable-oil-filter-71983.html

I did go throu a few major mfg sites. I would do it but the cost is too high...maybe if 6 MO pass WITHOUT me investing in bike then I'll happily do it but for past year bike has been quite costly. And not a realy economic proposition either but I hope to keep this one for a long time and am thinking of getting some 650 dual use for daily riding.

Roy

6Back to top Go down   reusable cleanable oil filters? Empty Re: reusable cleanable oil filters? Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:36 am

reg_K100RS

Silver member
Silver member
MY only niggle is cleaning.

The filter screen is a complex shape
how would one know its clean and we havent just moved stuff from
one area to another?

Mind you, I cant afford one either, so I'm just window shopping and theorising

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum