BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Electrics scheme for models with ABS Empty Electrics scheme for models with ABS Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:46 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi,

My K 100 LT was manufactured in December 1988, it has ABS, but the rider's handbook supplied with it contains electrical scheme for the models without ABS. Can somebody tell me where to find the proper one in German and/or English???

Thanks!

Tarik from Sarajevo,
Bosnia-Herzegovina

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
ffbikersa wrote:Hi,

My K 100 LT was manufactured in December 1988, it has ABS, but the rider's handbook supplied with it contains electrical scheme for the models without ABS. Can somebody tell me where to find the proper one in German and/or English???

Thanks!

Tarik from Sarajevo,
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Few week ago Twincarbs sent me a schematic of the ABS and it's posted in the download page.

CF

3Back to top Go down   Electrics scheme for models with ABS Empty Not what I looked for Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:44 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Crazy Frog wrote:
ffbikersa wrote:Hi,

Thanks!

Tarik from Sarajevo,
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Few week ago Twincarbs sent me a schematic of the ABS and it's posted in the download page.

CF

Hi CF!

Thanks - it's not ABS what I am looking for! Yesterday my fuel pump stopped operating, and guy who was helping me fix it and me could not figure out which of the relays controls the pump, because the scheme supplied in the rider's handbook with my bike DIFFERS from what's there in reality. So what I am looking for is the general electrics scheme for '88-'89 K 100 LT, model with ABS, and not only ABS circuit scheme...

Problem is now solved because fuel pump itself was broken, but I still don't know which relay controls it. I have the drawing of relays from Clymer's manual - but that also shows pre-ABS model (and there are TWO different relays named as "fuel pump relay", thus rather confusing). Real fuel pump relay is supposed to have 5 contact "legs", and none on my bike has them...

Cheers
Tarik

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
ffbikersa wrote:
Hi CF!

Thanks - it's not ABS what I am looking for! Yesterday my fuel pump stopped operating, and guy who was helping me fix it and me could not figure out which of the relays controls the pump, because the scheme supplied in the rider's handbook with my bike DIFFERS from what's there in reality. So what I am looking for is the general electrics scheme for '88-'89 K 100 LT, model with ABS, and not only ABS circuit scheme...

Problem is now solved because fuel pump itself was broken, but I still don't know which relay controls it. I have the drawing of relays from Clymer's manual - but that also shows pre-ABS model (and there are TWO different relays named as "fuel pump relay", thus rather confusing). Real fuel pump relay is supposed to have 5 contact "legs", and none on my bike has them...

Cheers
Tarik

On the basic 1985 K100rt schematic, the fuel pump relay has 5 legs too. The only difference with yours is the addition of the ABS circuit which is what Twincarb posted.

CF

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
From 01/88 a FI relay with single output was used.

Electrics scheme for models with ABS Innsp_10

6Back to top Go down   Electrics scheme for models with ABS Empty Fuel pump relay Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:53 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Crazy Frog wrote:
ffbikersa wrote:
Hi CF!

Cheers
Tarik

On the basic 1985 K100rt schematic, the fuel pump relay has 5 legs too. The only difference with yours is the addition of the ABS circuit which is what Twincarb posted.

CF

Thanks - I already know that after studying the schematic, and still can't locate the damn relay, because there simply isn't any with 5 legs inside the control box. There is a group of 4 small relays (3 black and one blue) in the upper right-side corner, but they have 4 legs each. Unfortunately we forgot to take pic of the control box before tank was placed back at his place (bike got a new fuel pump in the meantime, from Opel Omega car). My buddy and me figured out that relay must be located somewhere else - but where?
Does anyone know what's supposed to be written on it for the bike of this generation? Part number, any other code?

Tarik

nino

Life time member
Life time member
ffbikersa wrote:
Crazy Frog wrote:
ffbikersa wrote:
Hi CF!

Cheers
Tarik

CF

Thanks - I already know that after studying the schematic, and still can't locate the damn relay, because there simply isn't any with 5 legs inside the control box. There is a group of 4 small relays (3 black and one blue) in the upper right-side corner, but they have 4 legs each. Unfortunately we forgot to take pic of the control box before tank was placed back at his place (bike got a new fuel pump in the meantime, from Opel Omega car). My buddy and me figured out that relay must be located somewhere else - but where?
Does anyone know what's supposed to be written on it for the bike of this generation? Part number, any other code?

Tarik

Upper left corner (driving direction) usually with orange top

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
In the front right corner of the relay box you got four small relays,
the FI relay is the front left of these four.

9Back to top Go down   Electrics scheme for models with ABS Empty ? Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:09 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Inge K. wrote:In the front right corner of the relay box you got four small relays,
the FI relay is the front left of these four.

Thanks - but still no luck: on my bike there is a blue one, for the horn.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
ffbikersa wrote: on my bike there is a blue one, for the horn.

The blue relay is used for the ABS warning, so it seems like the relays have been swapped around.

Horn relay should normaly be the rear right of the four,
but it could be there is some differences between models.

Look at reply #5, and compare the colour codes with the wires underneath the relay sockets...to find the correct socket.

twincarb

twincarb
Life time member
Life time member
the ABS little relay doesn't work the same way as the others if i remember correctly... saying that I am tired!

I am sure it's the only one that cant be swapped with the other 3!....

Is this the image you didn't take a pic of?

Electrics scheme for models with ABS Imag0010

Electrics scheme for models with ABS 169042Electrics scheme for models with ABS 169034

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Deleted.

Last edited by Inge K. on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
twincarb wrote:the ABS little relay doesn't work the same way as the others if i remember correctly... saying that I am tired!
The ABS warning relay has NC contacts, the other three NO contacts.

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Electrics scheme for models with ABS Relaer10

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
twincarb wrote:the ABS little relay doesn't work the same way as the others if i remember correctly... saying that I am tired!

I am sure it's the only one that cant be swapped with the other 3!....

Is this the image you didn't take a pic of?

Electrics scheme for models with ABS Imag0010

Yes it is, thanks! But what's strange: beside the relay you have marked as "FI" in next message, Clymer marks TWO different relays as "Fuel Pump Relay": one of the small ones, and the bigger one held by the screw, which is in BMW parts catalogue named as a "Bulb Testing Device", part. no. 61.31-1 459 003 (on your image it's in the lower part, between blue relay with "Hella" logo and the greenish big one, for flashers). What does that other one has to do with the fuel pump???

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
ffbikersa wrote:What does that other one has to do with the fuel pump???

Nothing.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum