BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   power outlet k100 Empty power outlet k100 Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi, I want to add a power outlet on the dash of my 87 k100rt, there is on on the coil covers now, I would like to make only one connection to the battery, can I run them both to one fuse? what size fuse? or should I get a little fuse bar?
Thanks

2Back to top Go down   power outlet k100 Empty Re: power outlet k100 Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
yankeeone wrote:Hi, I want to add a power outlet on the dash of my 87 k100rt, there is on on the coil covers now, I would like to make only one connection to the battery, can I run them both to one fuse? what size fuse? or should I get a little fuse bar?
Thanks

What do you want to run from the power outlet?
Unless you are running a compressor to inflate your tires, the fuse should be OK.
Just solder a set of wires to the original power outlet and pull them to the dash of the bike. The original outlet is already fuse protected.

3Back to top Go down   power outlet k100 Empty Re: power outlet k100 Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:05 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Thanks, I just want to run the GPS Though the fuse one the present one is the old ceramic type (like a Volvo)

4Back to top Go down   power outlet k100 Empty Re: power outlet k100 Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 pm

col

col
Life time member
Life time member
aerpro make a usbsocket that will give you the lower voltage you need evrey thing is built into it mine only cost me $20.00 aud you can use the usb cable i put mine inside the pocket of the fairing and can charge phone as well

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum