BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mud1

mud1
Hi all, it's very early days for my K100 resto but I was wondering if it was possible to put a radio on my RS? I have searched, but not found the answer. I realise it's a bit old hat, but I kinda like the idea and if wasn't too much trouble I was going to look for the bits on Ebay. Any help would be great.

Cheers Mud1

I would have thought that these days a bluetooth headset and a Mp3/radio (mobile phone?) would be much easier than finding the room for a radio in the RS fairing.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There is no OEM radio for an RS but where there is a will etc. The LT in the K100/75 and K1100 all had a radio as optional equipment and a place to put them in the left side pocket, unfortunately or as some would say fortunately the RS didn't have any provision for one. If its music you want then a small mp3 player with earphones in the helmet is a good way to go.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Check this link

Max output power: 2X 6W (good enough if you use earphones).

Can I fit a radio to my 1990 K100 RS 16V? 469705968_o

5Back to top Go down   Can I fit a radio to my 1990 K100 RS 16V? Empty Thanks Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:34 pm

mud1

mud1
Thanks very much for all the replies, the one pictured looks like a much better ideal with a lot less hastle!

Cheers Mud1

Stephen Hyndman

Stephen Hyndman
Hello. I mounted a 4 channel 100 watt am/fm with line in and USB. I installed it into the tail cowl. I ran a 6 foot line in cable out under brake lamp and under the seat tank. Mounting a clip on 2g iPod nano to the left side of the dash pad. You can control the volume and hit pause at lights. Charges my iphone in the tail cowl while driving. You just have to remember to take the iPod when you park. The speakers are 4inch square ones. I removed the black side covers and they fit perfect. The magnets hold them to the steel below the temp and fuel gauges. With the covers back on they seem well protected from rain. I got the unit on eBay from Hong Kong. The only part you see is the end of the cable by the dash pad when it's parked. Can take photos if you are interested.

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
We're always interested in pictures, Stephen.

Even if we don't want to fit a sound system, we'd like to see what you've done.Can I fit a radio to my 1990 K100 RS 16V? 112350

Paul.

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Just for info (I know the thread is about RS and not RT)

I fitted my marine radio in the the left glove box of the RT.
Front channels are feeding the speakers in the fairing, and rear one are feeding the ones in the sidecar.
During the week I will put the rig apart in order to take it outside.
When people see it in the basement, the first reaction is WTF.... The door is only 29" wide, 3' under ground level with a sharp 90 degrees angle to access it Very Happy

Can I fit a radio to my 1990 K100 RS 16V? Dsc_2412

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Stephen Hyndman wrote:Hello. I mounted a 4 channel 100 watt am/fm with line in and USB. I installed it into the tail cowl. I ran a 6 foot line in cable out under brake lamp and under the seat tank. Mounting a clip on 2g iPod nano to the left side of the dash pad. You can control the volume and hit pause at lights. Charges my iphone in the tail cowl while driving. You just have to remember to take the iPod when you park. The speakers are 4inch square ones. I removed the black side covers and they fit perfect. The magnets hold them to the steel below the temp and fuel gauges. With the covers back on they seem well protected from rain. I got the unit on eBay from Hong Kong. The only part you see is the end of the cable by the dash pad when it's parked. Can take photos if you are interested.

Yes please do mate, I am planning a similar mod and would be interested to see what you've done.

Cheers
Dave

10Back to top Go down   Can I fit a radio to my 1990 K100 RS 16V? Empty ariel Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:20 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
Crazy Frog wrote:Check this link

Max output power: 2X 6W (good enough if you use earphones).

Can I fit a radio to my 1990 K100 RS 16V? 469705968_o
I tried something similar, there great for mp3's but the radio Ariel uses a single wire and i found it wasn't much good at picking up radio channels, if it had a proper Ariel socket it would have been great.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum