BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

John The Hat

John The Hat
OK guys I have a question(and it has probably been done to death but take pity, my Google-Fu is weak).

I have a 1989 K100 RS SE with ABS. The brake lines are as BMW intended but like the rest of the bike they are 1989 vintage and don't feel as "clean" as I think they should. I have been looking at the Gooderidge web site & talking to the peeps at K300 and I can't find a set that matches. As far as I can see both the front & back set are 2 line. And I can't find a set-up like that for an ABS bike. Anyone else had the same problem & sorted it out ? Is the 4 line front set 2 x flexible and 2 x rigid ?

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There are 2 steel lines that go from steering head area to the Front ABS Modulator on the left side and 1 flexible to one of those lines to the master cylinder and 1 flexible from the other steel line to the right caliper.
I just purchased a set for my K1100LT from Motobins for very reasonable prices. From memory something like 78 squids for the set.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum