BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Brake line leak Empty Brake line leak Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:24 am

commanderdrako

commanderdrako
Hello to everyone!
This morning I noticed that there was some fluid on my rear rim. Upon closer investigation I found out that there is a leak from the line coming from the ABS to the caliper. I thought the bolt was just loose, but when I press the brake pedal, there a squirt of brake fluid from the line. My wheel paint, and the shaft cover paint was ruined.
Do you guys have any recommendations on whether to change all the lines to stainless or stick with the factory hoses?
I am thinking of upgrading all my brake hoses. Any good website? Can I use the generic stainless hose?
Any suggestions/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

2009 Aprilia Tuono
1985 Yamaha Maxim X (sold)

2Back to top Go down   Brake line leak Empty Re: Brake line leak Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 am

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
Hello mate ,
The venhill braided lines are top quality and easy to source and fit. Having done mine recent , can only recommend it highly .

http://www.airware.com.au

3Back to top Go down   Brake line leak Empty Re: Brake line leak Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:37 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I had to replace a couple of lines some time ago and used stainless braided and I am in the process of replacing all the others. It makes quite a difference to the feel of the lever.
Be a bit cautious when you get braided stainless as there were some lines comming from China that were not DOT approved for US or Australia. They haven't been on sale for some time but there often are some leftovers around with that sort of thing. They should be marked DOT approved.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   Brake line leak Empty Re: Brake line leak Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:29 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Motobins are the best priced ones I've found, all braided stainless with a clear plastic sheath.

5Back to top Go down   Brake line leak Empty Re: Brake line leak Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:56 pm

commanderdrako

commanderdrako
Thanks for the quick response guys! The venhill seems to be very nice but they don't have BMW in their USA website, all they have is jap bikes. I am sure they can customize it but I dont know what size to order. Motobins unfortunately is too far, they will be charging more for shipping I am sure compared to US source.

Thank you for the warning Rick. I don't like made in china products anyway, very poor quality.

2009 Aprilia Tuono
1985 Yamaha Maxim X (sold)

6Back to top Go down   Brake line leak Empty Re: Brake line leak Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I got my lines from Motobins and even including the shiping they were cheaper than I could get them made localy.

Don't be too harsh on the quality of Chinese products they build to a price and are very capable of very good engineering standards but as always they are also good at making garbage. You need to be vigilant when buying from them and ask the right questions.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   Brake line leak Empty Re: Brake line leak Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 am

Erman

Erman
Gold member
Gold member
I wanted to go for stainless when redoing the front end, but I couldn't find the correct combination of lenght&fitting. Custom is the way to go, but that would be too expensive.

1984 BMW K1000RS

1984 Yamaha XJ750 Seca

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum