BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BlueWater

BlueWater
Hello everyone. I am the proud new owner of a 1985 K100 Wulf Gerstenmaier special. In my research of the bike pre purchase I saw that the PO posted on here a year or two ago briefly; some of you may remember.

Sort of a sad story actually about the purchase. I had been searching for a K100RS special edition for awhile and came across this bike for sale in California. Talked to the owner for about 30 minutes one Thursday night and he sent me a couple of emails on all he could find out about the bike. Had been thinking about it and two days later Saturday morning I get this email from him:

Russell-  My husband, *****, passed away yesterday of a heart attack.  It was sudden and unexpected, and I'm not exactly together right now.  If you are still interested in the K100, his son will be here tomorrow and I can have him help me with the pics if he has time.

Let me know of your interest.

Wow. I emailed her back and said that yes I was still interested but this obviously wasn't the right time and that when it was to let me know.  Long story short a couple of weeks later we reached a deal and the bike made it here last week safe and sound. Replaced all fluids and am awaiting tires. Also need to replace front brake switch, headlight switch assembly and replace battery.  Bike runs great; I won't take it out until the 15 year old tires are replaced which should be early next week.  I'm going with Pirelli Sport Demons in 130/90/17 rear and 100/90/18 front. I could also go with a 130/80 (or 70)/17.  Any advantage/disadvantage to doing so?

Looking forward to being a member here.  This is my first BMW but I have wanted one for quite some time; I am mostly into 70's/80's Japanese bikes specifically the Suzuki GS line. I own a '78 GS750 and '78 GS1000 both highly modified and a '82 Katana currently getting the full resto-mod treatment.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome Blue Water good to have you along. Tiz sad news about the PO but at least the bile can be enjoyed by another instead of going to a recycler which happens only too often.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

BlueWater

BlueWater
RicK G wrote:Welcome Blue Water good to have you along. Tiz sad news about the PO but at least the bile can be enjoyed by another instead of going to a recycler which happens only too often.

True that.  I don't think anone wold want to throw this one away however; it's in pretty good condition. I'll post some pics up once I get the bodywork back on. Everything was taken off for transport and there isn't any reason to put it back on until I get a few more things done that require access. In reading where the PO had posted on here before I think it said that you have to have a certain number of posts before you can post pics; is that correct?

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from Idaho, Bluewater.  Texas, eh?  I expect we'll soon be reading about you, the K100 and heat. Surprised  Returning home from the MOA national rally in Salem, I thought a good deal about that subject. Crying or Very sad

BlueWater

BlueWater
Yeah basically it's the off season for me riding down here. The only thing that saves me is a Stacool vest.  Some of the best money I ever spent. It at least keeps you from losing your mind from the heat when it is 100 degrees with 100% humidity.......

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome BW. I like your choice in Suzukis. Too poor at the time to afford those models. 

Cheers, Dave.

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome to the forum Blue Water.
Good find, even if it had a sad turn for the P O.
His will was to sell it to you, so if he could know it, he would be happy the deal went trough.
It is less sad than buying a bike from the widow that the P O loved so much he would never have sold it.  Wink
"Wulf Gerstenmaier"  weren't Hate Speech laws supposed to prevent this kind of labeling ?  affraid 

Stacool vest, soon, you 'll wish for Stacool pants.

2012 Yamaha YFL 381 (Flute)
2005 Yamaha PSR E-203 (Keyboard Synth).
2012 Yamaha 7 HP outboard engine
"Beemer Wheeler" Certified Brick Aviator since July 2013
Ham radio call sign HA5AH
http://h2fuel.mobi

BlueWater

BlueWater
I'm sure you guys love pics; here is my suzuki stable:

Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 IMG_0856-1
Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 GS7500001

Katana under construction:
Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 P1010003-2

BlueWater

BlueWater
Here is a pic of the Wulf. This was taken by PO. I have done quite a bit of cleanup on her but the skins are off at moment.

Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 ATT_1372904544680_k100cafe1

Some pics of other Wulf's I found on net:

Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 Wulf-BMW20K10020RS
Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 Wulf-4-M

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
Wow that silver one !  Looks like it's all stainless steel.  Smile
It is designed for lone Wulf, single seat.

CommanderKewl

CommanderKewl
Silver member
Silver member
nice stable.. i had a gs 1000...called it a man killer.. PO must have road it 15 miles on each case.. bought it for cheap and although cosmetically ugly.. she was a bat outa hell during her time. had to give her up because Houston was gonna eat me alive riding that beast ...too young and need for speed things...
welcome to the site..
i live in spring.

BlueWater

BlueWater
CommanderKewl wrote:nice stable.. i had a gs 1000...called it a man killer.. PO must have road it 15 miles on each case.. bought it for cheap and although cosmetically ugly.. she was a bat outa hell during her time. had to give her up because Houston was gonna eat me alive riding that beast ...too young and need for speed things...
welcome to the site..
i live in spring.

RIght on. Yep my GS1000 is my baby I have to say. If you think the 1K pulls hard you should have ridden an 1100. That 16V motor is a beast.

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Good to have you on board, looking forward to hearing more about your bike as you work on it.
Regards,
K-BIKE

krambo

krambo
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Blue Water - my cousin lives in Houston but he isn't into bikes particularly.  Enjoy your time here Wink

BlueWater

BlueWater
K-BIKE wrote:Good to have you on board, looking forward to hearing more about your bike as you work on it.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Tires should be here tomorrow and then I will get to take my first ride on her.  Looking forward to it.

mawhera

mawhera
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Blue Water, nice wulf. Like the Katana, but I'm more a Brit biker when not K ing, got a 72 BSA B50SS, love the Commandos and Bonnies, but high maintenance compared with the japos and BMs for sure, but sheer raw looks give me an 70s Brit twin or 64 Goldie. The Ks are great thou. wow that temp / humidity sounds primodial soup type stuff, crisp and cool here at the mo love it, see a hundred miles on a good day.

Rick
K IWI land
New Zealand

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Some nice ones there. I had a neighbour when I grew up, he had a few Gold Stars....a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde character because he went through a change as soon as he took one of those out.

The thing I remember more was early 70s and the advertisements for Kawasaki Z1 alongside advertisements for Norton Commando [850] but the trouble was the Z1 would go forever as long as it was a straight line whereas the Norton because it was British would go anywhere but in many peoples eyes not for long. Of course the Norton sounded much better....but the sound of the Z1 on full bore was awesome.

The K is probably the best of both worlds.

1983 K100RS 0011157 Fricka 606 Alaska Blue 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell Now 58,200 miles. 
1996 K1100LT 0233004 Lohengrin Mystic Red 38,000 miles currently 48,061 miles.
1983 K100RS 0004449 Odette R100 colours 58,000 miles. Sprint fairing now 61,190 miles

Past:
1968 Yamaha 80 YG1
1971 Yamaha 125 YAS-1
1968 Honda 125 SS
1970 Honda CD 175
1973 Honda CB500-4
Honda CX 500

BlueWater

BlueWater
Got the new tires on (Pirelli Sport Demons), new battery and new front brake switch and she is ready to roll.

Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 IMG_0996
Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 IMG_0998
Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 IMG_1002
Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 IMG_1004
Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 IMG_1003
Hello from Houston - Wulf Gerstenmaier K100 IMG_1005

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
She's got THE "Messerschmitt" look.

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Get in quick guys.
Can't see this lasting for long.
Sorry to see you selling it BW.

WULF

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

BlueWater

BlueWater
rossko wrote:Get in quick guys.
Can't see this lasting for long.
Sorry to see you selling it BW.

WULF

Thanks. Don't really want to sell it of course but fact is I need to buy a house so I am thinning my collection down. I have 3 1975 Suzuki RE5's which will be going up for sale next week.

Scotts 87

Scotts 87
bike looks great BlueWater!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum