BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from British Columbia, Canada Empty Hello from British Columbia, Canada Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Jim Miller

Jim Miller
Hi there..I'm new to old BMWs, but have been riding a very long time.

I live in the very mountainous West Kootenay region of British Columbia. My bikes rarely set wheels in town type situations unless going through.
I currently ride a 1987 K75s I bought in May...The fellow that owned it died so I have very little info on it.
It seems fairly well maintained, (cosmetically challenged in areas) and altho the odometer says some 33k kms, i doubt if that is right.
I have spiffed it up a lot and currently have the oil/water pump on the floor as I stripped the Oil pressure switch hole..(don't ask)..lol

Recently checked the rear spline and was dry as a bone..I honda Moly 60d it..

I also ride and have owned since buying it new in 1980, a 1979 Moto Guzzi 1000sp.

THis is the K100 forum of course, but have found some interesting stuff..like the hockey puck fix, for the stupidly short sidestand..Rolling Eyes

Thanks for all the info!
Jim

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Cheers Jim.  You will like that machine!

1988 K100RS SE VIN 01477554

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Jim welcome to our little corner of the www.  I just looked at a map of your area and just one question for you. Is there any where that is flat? Looks like my kind of country.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Jim Miller

Jim Miller
RicK G wrote:Hi Jim welcome to our little corner of the www.  I just looked at a map of your area and just one question for you. Is there any where that is flat? Looks like my kind of country.

LOL...No, there is virtually nothing that is flat or straight..Valley bottoms can be semi level, but very winding...Most routes follow a river or a lake, or if not...there are lakes and creeks galore along the way..

There is a very interesting highway that goes from Creston Bc to Crawford bay, that has become a motorcycle 'destination'...That's just east of me a bit.

Satellite map if anyone interested..On this that would be the hwy 3a to the far right /

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Castlegar,+BC,+Canada&hl=en&ll=49.543925,-117.351837&spn=0.656722,1.783905&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.823846,114.169922&oq=castlegar&hnear=Castlegar,+Central+Kootenay,+British+Columbia,+Canada&t=h&z=10

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard jim ...happy riding

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

6Back to top Go down   Hello from British Columbia, Canada Empty I have a Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:49 pm

ibjman

ibjman
Life time member
Life time member
I have a used K75 water/oil pump for you if you need it.
 It should be overhauled-resealed before installation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221260222587?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649.

If you want it, I'll pull it down off ebay. You can have it for $35 + what ever it costs us to ship it from Phoenix. I think we may have spoken once before about you traveling across the border to USA to pick something out at a stateside address to save some bucks?  Can ship it within USA for about $15.

Regards, Ibjman

Jim Miller

Jim Miller
ibjman wrote:I have a used K75 water/oil pump for you if you need it.
 It should be overhauled-resealed before installation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221260222587?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649.

If you want it, I'll pull it down off ebay. You can have it for $35 + what ever it costs us to ship it from Phoenix. I think we may have spoken once before about you traveling across the border to USA to pick something out at a stateside address to save some bucks?  Can ship it within USA for about $15.

Regards, Ibjman

Thank you for that..yes I do go over the border to pick up stuff from the US..
That's a very good deal on the housing..!
I have a helicoil kit on the way and a drill bit, and just talked to a friend of mine that has a very good drill press, and he will make sure i get a straight hole in there....

Thanks again for the offer, but unless we really screw this up, i think I'm ok..My friend is like a rocket scientist type guy, very anal, so i'm sure he will get the hole straight..lol

Regards..Jim

Jim Miller

Jim Miller
I can't seem to figure out how to get an avatar happening//

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Jim Miller wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to get an avatar happening//
Go to profile and then choose avatar and browse then upload and save before you get out back to the real world.
The save is where I fell down a few times you do all the work and then lose it by not saving.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Jim Miller

Jim Miller
ok..let me try that...

Nope..that's what I was doing before..nothing seems to change.

Beemer Wheeler

Beemer Wheeler
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome Jim, the forum is buggy lately...
Pics of the K please  Wink

2012 Yamaha YFL 381 (Flute)
2005 Yamaha PSR E-203 (Keyboard Synth).
2012 Yamaha 7 HP outboard engine
"Beemer Wheeler" Certified Brick Aviator since July 2013
Ham radio call sign HA5AH
http://h2fuel.mobi

Hello Jim, from the south of France. My wife asks if you would say hello to Kaslo for her as she lived there for 10 years in the past.

Jim Miller

Jim Miller
Beemer Wheeler wrote:Welcome Jim, the forum is buggy lately...
Pics of the K please  Wink

Yes indeed...I can't seem to get an avatar, and was trying to post pics elsewhere last night, and that seemed buggy indeed.

14Back to top Go down   Hello from British Columbia, Canada Empty Hello to South of France and Kaslo. Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Jim Miller

Jim Miller
bikerboy wrote:Hello Jim, from the south of France. My wife asks if you would say hello to Kaslo for her as she lived there for 10 years in the past.

Well I sure will!...I need to take a ride up there after I get my oil pressure switch problem fixed and everything back together!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum