BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel tank valve Empty Fuel tank valve Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:53 am

bolts

bolts
After a day lay off i started to remove the fuel tank on my recently acquired K100RT, I disconnected the fuel return hose and petrol started pissing out all over the engine and floor, it just would not stop. I  fumbled around and replaced the hose but must have lost a litre of fuel over the engine and floor.
After draining then removing the tank, I unscrewed the fuel return nipple. There was no valve as in item 19 below.
Apart from being a PITA to remove the tank, is the lack of a non return valve likely to cause other issues.
PS sorry about formatting, done on ipad

19[b][b][b][b][b][b] 16 12 1 455 348

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
 VALVE

0.07 1  $8.29Fuel tank valve Addtocart
Fuel tank valve Imagepng

1948 AJS 500
All on club plates

2Back to top Go down   Fuel tank valve Empty Re: Fuel tank valve Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:01 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
many have removed the return valve ...as it rattles to a certain degree during operation .

just carry a piece of hose about a foot long ...plug it into the fuel outlet and return line to form a bridge ....very little fuel loss if you know its going to happen and prepare for it ..

hope that helps

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Fuel tank valve Empty Re: Fuel tank valve Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:19 am

AJ.Valente

AJ.Valente
Life time member
Life time member
Cannot see the diagram. I use wooden golf tee's to plug the fittings when removing the tank. However, I must cut one tee short to fit just below spring-loaded valve on the forward fitting. ⭐

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum