BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   slight to low red glow  Empty slight to low red glow Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:18 am

jeffhestand

jeffhestand
I know the idiot lights on my 85 K100 are not known for being the most reliable./..... but. this AM the bike started up just fine but usually the red glow goes away as rpm s increase. This AM it hung around a little more... should i be concerned enough to start looking for another battery?? thx jeff

2Back to top Go down   slight to low red glow  Empty Re: slight to low red glow Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:03 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I presume you are refering to the red charge indicator light. Quite normal on some bikes but for a while keep an eye on the charge state of the battery, it should be OK.
There is a fix for it and involves putting a diode in the circuitry and is not at all difficult.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   slight to low red glow  Empty Re: slight to low red glow Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:27 pm

jeffhestand

jeffhestand
Rick - that's excatly right. I am Not sure about it since. I did not get a owners manual from the po. My clymer manual sometimes does not address the simple things . Jeff

4Back to top Go down   slight to low red glow  Empty Re: slight to low red glow Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:24 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
This is mentioned in Moto-bins 'hints and tips', suggesting that it is caused by "the sum of voltage drops across the large number of connections between the battery and warning lamp."

They say that a simple solution is to replace the 3w bulb with a 5w.

As it's nothing to worry about, I just ignore it. cheers 

Paul.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum