BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wildwestrider

wildwestrider
My K75 has heated grips. The OD of the heating element (grip removed) is about 1.04". Wondering if I should go for a 7/8 ID grip for a tight fit, or if the 1" ID grip will be a snug enough fit?

Brian in Austin

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
ProGrip model 699 grip rubbers or their equivalent will fit perfectly.  I've replaced my original grips at least once before.

wildwestrider

wildwestrider
robmack wrote:ProGrip model 699 grip rubbers or their equivalent will fit perfectly.  I've replaced my original grips at least once before.
Robert, Planning on installing ProGrips. Does the 699 come in different sizes, or, does it come in a set of mixed sizes? (Seems to me I had to buy 2 sets of ProGrips to do my K1200GT, using one grip from each set.

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
I purchased one set and installed it.  The right grip has a larger diameter hole that the left grip to accommodate the throttle tube, and both will be a tight fit.  Use hair spray on the bar to ease the insertion of the grip onto the bars (and when it dries it acts like glue to keep it in place).

wildwestrider

wildwestrider
robmack wrote:I purchased one set and installed it.  The right grip has a larger diameter hole that the left grip to accommodate the throttle tube, and both will be a tight fit.  Use hair spray on the bar to ease the insertion of the grip onto the bars (and when it dries it acts like glue to keep it in place).
Robert, I measured both my grip heating elements and they were nearly the same at 1.04" and 1.055" (approx; varied on both because of the heated wires spiraling the length of the grip).

So, my question still stands. Do I go for 1" on both sides, or do I need to go down to the 7/8" for a snug fit,.............or........one of each?

10-4 on the Hairspray trick, been using it for years.

Any Luck on the Gear indicator board test?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum