BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:21 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Next weekend is the 10th anniversary ride of the Newcastle PINK RIBBON charity event.

Clarification - event organisers promoted this year as the 10th Anniversary , someone Whoopsed it , event started in 2004 , which makes it 10 years  not 10th anniversary. 
so I'll be correcting it next year, in a subtle way.

although awards are given out to bikes and riders best dressed, its great just to go along and enjoy the like minded biking community to support a very worthy cause.

not sure if the old K will be ready for this one , due to the current issues with the LT.
 been borrowing bits and pieces from this one.after all it is my spares bike.

so just for a bit of fun during the repairs I thought I would entertain everyone with this .

my pimped PINK K Pink_k10

my pimped PINK K 01910

I decided not to paint the panels pink as it doesn't give a true recognition to the event ,
the ribbons are a universally recognised symbol , so I used some stickers ,these also help to cover up cracks and bruises in the aged fairing.
 also purchased a Pink Ribbon flag and mounted that in the clamp formerly used for the blue light. couldn't find a pink light...
I had a spare roundel and used some of the sticker on it as well.
the spark plug cover came up a treat as well. cleaned, primed and painted. 

most bikers adorn their front ends with an appropriate symbol of course, I'll leave that to your imagination .

gotta enjoy your ride.... !

Last edited by groverK on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:16 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : tail wind picked up , wonder how it is at bathurst for the Big Race)

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
my pimped PINK K 10_x_110

2Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:54 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good work ed

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
my pimped PINK K Elmo_010

cheers,Ed

2018 Kart upgrade.

4Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:13 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hmmm...we may have to review the Forum rules!

Posting pics of the mighty K's with white zip ties is bad enough, but pink ribbons! Shocked 

All in jest Ed.

It's a great cause and good on ya for doing your bit.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:59 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
thanks Blakey, 
been attending the local event for the past 6 years , always falls on our wedding anniversary, so we generally stay overnight at Denman with all of the attendees, 
the pub puts on a band ,and raffles are provided by the organisers of the ride. some good prizes to be claimed.
a top effort put in by all to provide much needed awareness and funding into the cause.
the pubs in Denman also put up some really good meals, which seems to be now common in a lot of our pubs these days .
Its usually a top weekend away.

2018 Kart upgrade.

6Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Arlina

Arlina
Not much to mention, but a big +1 from here Smile

7Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:02 pm

MT350Explorer

MT350Explorer
Life time member
Life time member
Good work mate!
Cheers Very Happy 
Dave

8Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
A top weekend was had attending this years Pink Ribbon ride.
approximately 170 bikes attended, plenty of PINK bits. ( giggles)

Newcastle Foreshore ,
the weather was just right , cool breeze blowing , mid 20's , clear skies , well almost , but no rain clouds.
my pimped PINK K 13952210

The big guns firing at Fort Scratchley.
my pimped PINK K 13850510

it was a rare chance for us to take the family along ,  the kids , including the big ones had a real buzz.
as the 100 LT was still needing some attention to clean up after pulling apart, and was not in readiness for the ride, I was fortunate to be able to ride this 1100LT.

heading for Denman , 200 km's inland.
our son was in his element on the K. very relaxed.
my pimped PINK K 13823711

Trace and I enjoying the atmosphere prior to presentations and ride briefing.

my pimped PINK K 13741611

Trace and our eldest girl heading off.

my pimped PINK K 13837110

our efforts in the morning proved well worth it , Trace took out best dressed bike , her first ever prize .
she was so stoked . 

my pimped PINK K 13764411

passed Michael on the way in to Newcastle , he and his wife making their way in from Maitland , on their newly acquired, nice looking K75LT.
gave him a lead to the forum. he could be heading this way for some tech advice.
 Good to see another K on the ride. well done guys , hope you enjoyed the day!

my pimped PINK K Pink_r15

a family affair , all enjoyed themselves.
Fort Scratchley on the hill in the background , guns were firing during the proceedings , a few anxious riders .
my pimped PINK K Pink_r17

Arriving at the motel , fires in the distance , we somehow skirted around this one without seeing it.
certainly a reminder of the current events in our State. thinking of those affected.

my pimped PINK K Pink_r16
we stayed at the Grapevine Motel  in Denman, 
as it was booked out , we received the Honeymoon suite, 
and were treated with complimentary wine with our dinner in the motel restaurant.
meals are A1 ! 
followed by all you can play "free" pool and jukebox , in a room all to ourselves. 

On our way home , we travelled the back roads through  Broke , some top scenery , a first for me .
 stopped in at the " Spring Cruz In " show n shine held at the Hunter Valley Gardens Pokolbin 
on display was a mixture of early 1900's vintage and veteran  vehicles , but with the DJ blasting out hits from the 50's and 60's , we couldn't help but escape back in time with over 200 displays  of rods ,  cruisers and iconic Aussie cars like Holdens and Fords. 

my pimped PINK K Pink_r18

some vintage and custom bikes included in the display, so why not add a K ?
nice Vee Dub too.... we found a great looking " splitty" as  well.
my pimped PINK K Pink_r19

we followed this Chev home , watched it "glide " along... smooth!

my pimped PINK K Pink_r20

I did say , " Niiiice Vee Dub "
my pimped PINK K Pink_r21

spot the frog , Traceys mascot " Kermie" , feelin' green.
my pimped PINK K Pink_r22

All in all a great way to celebrate our anniversary, 
the K was smooth , easy to handle , power was good, 
the only incident was , mid passing a caravan , the radio cover decided to eject itself .

Last edited by groverK on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total

2018 Kart upgrade.

9Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
Enjoyed that. Thanks for taking the time to share (excellent cause too). my pimped PINK K 112350

10Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Ghost who rides

Ghost who rides
Life time member
Life time member
Well done Ed, you certainly went the whole way in your presentation, thanks for the pics and story

made my day.

11Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool 

Thanks for sharing those pics nice bikes and cars it must have been a grand day out, like the furry helmet Very Happy all for a good course well done

BIG D

12Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:10 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Well it was that time of the year again , so I had the chance to parade the K once more.
As much as I would have given the old white beast a run , I chose to give the K a bit of dignity and ride Ol' Blue. with the Kart.

As you can see , subtlety was a better approach . We named the guy on the Kart , Pink Foo. 
the day brought some fantastic weather , ideal conditions for a ride on the K.
a very slow ride through the city, though.
as you can see , young Rhys enjoys the riding. he's in for a big one when we head off to Tassie in January. We might leave Foo behind for that one.

my pimped PINK K Pink_r10

the young fellow seemed quite relaxed
my pimped PINK K Pink_r11

we had a semi informal celebration of the rides 10th anniversary , due to new management of the ride . 
the lady in blue jeans -Lyn , started the ride in Newcastle in 2004, and handed over to a more corporate group in 2010.
great to see it still going. To help celebrate , I painted the lettering and motorcycle onto the flag.
my pimped PINK K 10359510

heading into the city with some of the celebration crew.
my pimped PINK K Pink_r14

following some of the crowd out of the city, along the foreshore.
my pimped PINK K Pink_r12

standing out in the crowd.
my pimped PINK K Pink_r13

some of the colourful characters raising awareness and much needed funds.
my pimped PINK K Pink_r15

surprising how just by adding a Kool Kat to your bike attracts the ladies.
Of course , I was caught up in K stuff with one of Rendrags mates from the Central Coast, Mick" Hurricane " Furquart.
my pimped PINK K 10665710

great day out had by all, well put together , a credit to the organisers. Cheers Ed.

Last edited by groverK on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:13 am; edited 3 times in total

2018 Kart upgrade.

13Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:22 am

Busas

Busas
Silver member
Silver member
Congrats Wink

14Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:33 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Good post Ed, well done on supporting and making more people aware, hopefully plenty of funds were raised.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

15Back to top Go down   my pimped PINK K Empty Re: my pimped PINK K Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:42 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Geez Ed, that colour really assaults the eyes! I don't think there would be sunglasses dark enough to cope!

Good work on supporting a very worthy cause. Very Happy

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum