BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


ldrotpk

ldrotpk
active member
active member
Howdy,
Changing my 1986 K100RS to a K100, I have an original 3 piece radiator cowl but I cannot find a picture that shows how it is mounted to the radiator, any help would be appreciated so I know what mounts to look for.

I also have a 1985 K100RS frame I was going to sell but I was not sure if the frame was bent as it doesn't sit even on the four engine mounting tabs, I measured my 1986 K100 and the rear mounts appear to be a few MM different in height, so I am assuming the frame is not suppose to sit even on a level floor?

Thanks!
Kevin

    

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0511&mospid=51747&btnr=46_0105&hg=46&fg=63



This image. Part number 11 12

Screws on to the side of the radiator


__________________________________________________
1986 K100RT VIN 0093801K100RT with summer fairing for a northern visitor

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321
    

ldrotpk

ldrotpk
active member
active member
rossko wrote:http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0511&mospid=51747&btnr=46_0105&hg=46&fg=63



This image. Part number 11 12

Screws on to the side of the radiator
Thanks!

One down one to go!

    

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
@ldrotpk wrote:
I also have a 1985 K100RS frame I was going to sell but I was not sure if the frame was bent as it doesn't sit even on the four engine mounting tabs, I measured my 1986 K100 and the rear mounts appear to be a few MM different in height, so I am assuming the frame is not suppose to sit even on a level floor?

Thanks!
Kevin
It should sit level on all four mounting points.


__________________________________________________
1992 K1
1993 K1100R (used to be an LT)
    

ldrotpk

ldrotpk
active member
active member
@MikeP wrote:
@ldrotpk wrote:
I also have a 1985 K100RS frame I was going to sell but I was not sure if the frame was bent as it doesn't sit even on the four engine mounting tabs, I measured my 1986 K100 and the rear mounts appear to be a few MM different in height, so I am assuming the frame is not suppose to sit even on a level floor?

Thanks!
Kevin
It should sit level on all four mounting points.
Thanks!
I did not want to sell a bad part.

    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum