BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Large 'Touring' screens Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:01 am

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
Howdy,

Who can tell me a little something about this screen?

Presently, I would give my left nut for this set up as its more or less exactly what I have in mind for my current build....

Are these screens rare and hard to come by? Anyone wanna swap an entire LT fairing for this big ass screen and single headlight?

Or, anyone wanna tell me Im nuts and the noise/turbulance is simply to much to bear and I should stick with the LT top front fairing on its own (no engine covers/sump covers, just the headlight 'nose' fairing and screen)

Large 'Touring' screens Img_2414

2Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:20 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
better ask the "basic mob" about the build but the screen is aftermarket

lots of possible alternatives if you have the standard type lt-- rt stuff

I would think the wind noise would be high ...at speed ...but this might not be an issue for the owner in this climate and location

have fun !

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:58 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Floyd, I have a krauser fairing you can have a go of.

bit of setting up to get it to work but it will let you know if it is better/ worse than RS

have a look at a picture

it is the red one

seems a turkey has the better of me tonight. must be  a wild one

let me hunt one out.

Why do you want a screen that big? Bugs in your teeth?

Large 'Touring' screens Basic210

Large 'Touring' screens Dsc04512

Last edited by rossko on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

4Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:01 am

Is that sail attached to the handlebars?

I guess it will automatically steer into a crosswind  Razz

5Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Large 'Touring' screens Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Look up National Motorcycle Screens, they have lots. It's an American site but most bike shops can get them for you. Not badly priced either.
I have a taller screen on my RT in winter, it is great but I have to sit up straight to get any air. It comes off first sign of sun. (unfortunately wasn't on for the Guyra biblical flooding).

6Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:22 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
I really like the look of that bike...almost military looking.

7Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:50 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
The BMW optional Touring screen for unfaired K and (late) 2v R-Series, is probably the best screen bar none that I've ever ridden behind.

Large 'Touring' screens DSCF1568-L

It mounts on the fork tubes between the upper and lower clamps, it doesn't affect the steering or handling, cuts down on noise and buffeting. It's far better in the latter respect than any RT/LT sceen.

They are still available from BMW (at silly money) and do come up for sale occasionally.

8Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:00 am

rawdonball

rawdonball
Gold member
Gold member
If I get that naked for sale in Brisbane, I would be very interested in such a screen - or even in Rosko's. 

Rawdon

9Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:01 pm

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
Oooooh MikeP. Me wants that screen....

10Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:18 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
I happen to have one sitting in my garage. I'm as yet undecided if I'll fit it to my K1100R project.

11Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:47 pm

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
MikeP, ol buddy, ol pal...

Should you decide to part with it (Jedi mind Trick: you dont want it for your K1100, you dont want it for your K1100...) Ill stand up as first in line

Laughing  cheers

12Back to top Go down   Large 'Touring' screens Empty Re: Large 'Touring' screens Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:54 pm

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
I'll certainly keep you in mind when or if I decided not to use it.

Just to whet your appetite further, here are the mountings after I've stripped and repainted them (ignore the 'C' bars, they are definitely going on the bike):

Large 'Touring' screens K1100LT%20%2870%29-L

Tell you what, if you can find the parts listed as '1' in this:

Large 'Touring' screens B0001982

in Oz, I'll do a straight swap.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum