BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:11 am

simosvog

simosvog
Does anyone know of a trusted source for a used engine in Germany or Netherlands? Would you buy an engine from e-bay?  Question

http://www.motorinn.gr

2Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:10 am

Arlina

Arlina
Check.
K100 or K75?

edit; K100 it is....
Friend of me sometimes have an engine left, will ask him.

3Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:48 am

simosvog

simosvog
Wheeldigger wrote:Check.
K100 or K75?

edit; K100 it is....
Friend of me sometimes have an engine left, will ask him.
Thats right, K100 2V. Let me know if he has a good engine for me. I have a friend at Essen who transports stuff to Greece with his small truck.

4Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:52 am

Arlina

Arlina
Will check with him, need only the engine?

5Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:27 am

simosvog

simosvog
I need the engine complete but not altenator, starter etc.  I have foundthis on ebay  http://www.ebay.de/itm/111245817472?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648 but would prefer if a had a compression test result or some sort of assurance that it is in good order, outputshaft damper is important since mine is  not in good shape. 
Thank you very much for your help

6Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:00 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Tell them you want a compression and leak down test or you won't even consider buying it.
If you can hold out try to ge a 8v from a 5/90 or later LT and they will have a 12 rivit shaft.  Mind with only 50 000k on it it's unlikely to have any loose rivits

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:53 am

simosvog

simosvog
RicK G wrote:Tell them you want a compression and leak down test or you won't even consider buying it.
If you can hold out try to ge a 8v from a 5/90 or later LT and they will have a 12 rivit shaft.  Mind with only 50 000k on it it's unlikely to have any loose rivits
they say it's got 50K but how can one tell if the engine is off the bike? plus that I only get to see some pictures. Do you know which engine numbers are those made after the output shaft upgrade?

8Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
This is an example of an engine number from a K 6308802K100CJ, you will note that the numbers in red are the week and year rhe engine was assembled in this case 30th week of 1988 so you would be looking for an engine with 2290 onward as those numbers and it will be after May 1990.
Apparently this is a frame number much to my embarasment Oops

Last edited by RicK G on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Admission of guilt)

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

9Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
RicK G wrote:If you can hold out try to ge a 8v from a 5/90 or later LT and they will have a 12 rivit shaft. 

Don't know what/who is your trusted source  study .....I believe it's not Santa  santa , as he did pee in your chimney this year  rendeer .

According to the online parts manual (which normally is a reliable source) the change was  08/89.

It doesn't matter that much, but......

10Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:30 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
When I bought the new engine for my K100 I checked 5 engines he had and there was one that was 4th week 90 and it had a 6 rivit shaft and the one I bought was 19th week/90 and it had a 12 rivit shaft and the wrecker told me I was lucky to find it as May was the change over and apparently like most wreckers he talked bullshit.

11Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty need a 2V engine Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:41 am

simosvog

simosvog
Well Santa  santa propably punished me for being  a naughty boy this year  Complete 2V engine  214585 
Now I have to look for an engine that will be in good shape, here in Greece I only found one K100 engine and they are asking 700 euros!! I'll have to find one from Germany or Netherlands and make sure that is in good shape.
 I want to ride my bike again the soonest possible!   Surprised-o:  Today is a beautifull sunny day sunny  in Athens and I am stuck home  Complete 2V engine  797640

12Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:04 am

MikeP

MikeP
Life time member
Life time member
simosvog wrote:
Now I have to look for an engine that will be in good shape, here in Greece I only found one K100 engine and they are asking 700 euros!!

You could get a whole bike with under 19,000 miles on it for that money:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-K100-RS-K100RS-K-100-RS-BMW-CLASSIC-RARE-PROJECT-SPARES-REPAIR-K-100-RS-RS-/171197525119?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item27dc2aec7f

Another, mileage is higher but you could ride this one home:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1988-BMW-K-100-RT-RED-/291044823880?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item43c39f9348

13Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:56 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
RicK G wrote:This is an example of an engine number from a K 6308802K100CJ, you will note that the numbers in red are the week and year
That is a chassis number and not a engine number......and the chassis number belongs to Rossko....have you asked, he might be angry  Twisted Evil .

Copied from BMBikes..............
A K Series engine number will look something like this: 104EA 1799 2032 - the first two digits refer to the engine capacity (1000cc); the third digit shows the number of cylinders; EA is some reference to a Federal Emission Code; sixth & seventh digits are the production week number (week 17); eighth & ninth digits are the year of manufacture (1999); the final four digits are the production number on that weeks Production.

14Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Sorry about the missleading post.
It does not belong to rossKo I copied it to my bike and tolt the cops that RossKo has a coppied number and when they pull him over and check the number they send him of to the pokey and give me his bike because they are so stupid they would believe me.

15Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Hmmm....that was a easy acces to spare parts...
I Wonder how many of this oldies I find around here.

16Back to top Go down   Complete 2V engine  Empty Re: Complete 2V engine Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:08 am

simosvog

simosvog
No worries I asked for the engine number and the only number that resembled a production date was 4185, so I guessed that had a 6 rivet shaft. I am not very optimistic that I'll find a 12  rivet shaft engine, I hope that if I could get low mileage engine keep it running smooth and change the gears more gently I'll get another 50K from the shaft. I tried tempting my wife on a trip to exotic Germany and it's scrapyards testing K engines and tasting beer and sausages  Complete 2V engine  22936  but I don't think she bought it  Complete 2V engine  161205

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum