BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Welding the frame. Empty Welding the frame. Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:34 pm

defied

defied
So I've shortened my frame a bit, and this means I need to add a part of the tubing that I removed and cut down.

Two questions:
1) Is this chromoly steel? 
2) What would you recommend to use as reinforcement tubes to connect each end together?

Thanks!
D

2Back to top Go down   Welding the frame. Empty Re: Welding the frame. Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
I dont know why you are shortening your frame, but if you are removing the rear for any reason, there is a section of tubing that goes from the main frame around the rear of the bike and holds the tabs to attatch the rear guard. this section of tubing will be the right size to use in sleeving the main frame where you have cut it in half. Sleeve should go in far enough to be seen through the little holes drilled in frame to weld sleeve inplace ready to do the big weld right around the frame. make sure the jig used to hold the frame still is a good one and if in doubt go see a welder, mostly a muffler man will be a good welder, Check your road authority to be sure you are allowed to do this. Be sure of what you do as you dont want this to come undone.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum