BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Power to fuel pump Empty Power to fuel pump Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:30 am

Lndm

I'm having trouble with my fuel pump... it doesn't function. The measured voltage at fuse 6 after I press the starter is just 0.5 - 1V. The kill switch supplies 12V to the fuel injection relay (green-yellow) via fuse 1, and the battery is also supplying its 12V (red). There is continuity between the FI relay (green-red) and the fuel tank connector, via fuse 6. I have cleaned the relay connectors. What should I try next?
EDIT: With the starter cranking the FI relay coil has just 8V across it.

2Back to top Go down   Power to fuel pump Empty Re: Power to fuel pump Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:51 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Might be worth checking the connection on the ignition module under the tank.

12V is supplied by the kill switch as you suggest but it is possible the ignition module is not switching the fuel injection relay coil to ground.

In any case it is worth disconnecting the big connections to it and the FI computer under the seat and cleaning with De-Oxit or your preferred contact cleaner.

Also check resistances on the clutch switch and ignition switch and disconnect and clean all ground connections especially the big one under the tank.

Regards,

Phil

3Back to top Go down   Power to fuel pump Empty Re: Power to fuel pump Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 am

Lndm

Thanks Very Happy DeOxited the modules and now it's as good as ever.

I can't seem to get the connector to go straight back on to the ignition module it sits maybe 3mm further out on the left but seems to work all the same.

4Back to top Go down   Power to fuel pump Empty Re: Power to fuel pump Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:09 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Take a look at the latching mechanism, it may be slightly out of position and hence not permitting it to slide home and latch that last few millimetres.
Regards,
K-BIKE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum