BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Bracket to mount my BMW top box Empty Bracket to mount my BMW top box Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:48 pm

mawhera

mawhera
Gold member
Gold member
hi I just purchased a genuine K1100LT 1989approx top box, minus its bracket to mount it on my K100RT 1987 tail piece. Any brackets spare among the forum appreciated for a fair price to New Zealand.
I also had an off on the wet grass field at the Burt Munro and broke my LHS pannier. I've had it welded up but need new latches and hinges for it. I assume mot bins UK have the bits ant recommendations or tips re reriveting new latch sets on appreciated.

Rick

Rick
K IWI land
New Zealand

2Back to top Go down   Bracket to mount my BMW top box Empty Re: Bracket to mount my BMW top box Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:02 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I'd recommend not fixating on the OEM rack for the 35L top case. It's plastic and the 35L top case flops all over the place.

Because of this, I made some custom spacers and bolts to mount it to a Reynolds Rack on my K1100RS. It's much sturdier than the OEM rack.

Bracket to mount my BMW top box 33ltopcase

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]