BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:00 am

FatRakoon

AL-58 wrote:
FatRakoon wrote:
Symbolizm wrote:Very nice conversion FatRakoon, mine is having a rear end re-build at the moment very similar to yours, it will no longer be a hardtail, which has to be better for my back!

Thank you.

Yes, the ride is very smooth.

My only issue, is just how hard it is to turn the thing.

That's why many sidecars have leading links, a trike has the same issue of too much trail in the front suspension.  You need to push the front axle further forward (not by raking the steering head, this will make it worse by increasing the trail further).  Custom triple clamps that offset the forks further or rake just the forks forward will achieve this.

Al

Al

Im now very confused.

I was told to first increase the rake by getting yokes that allow me to push the frotn out a little.

I was then told to get Leading forks as this will be a better option.

I was then told that leading links are old tech and no one does this anymore because it does not work and will make it harder to ride.

And then I was told that I would be better off simply getting lober forkes, and this will raisew the front a few inches, therefore, pushing the front end out a little in the process, and this wil be the best way!!!

Sheesh!

And now its back to the leading links idea?

So, leading links WILL help the steering yes?

I am definitely getting wider bars, that are a little higher, and further back towards me, for both comfort and better leverage , but this will onlt help so-much.

The suspension in the rear is using a combination of the stock bike shocks, plus extra support from 2 more shocks, and I have been tols that independant rear suspension will also make life easier.... Not cheap though.

All options, but the trike is a 1984 model and so not a young vehicle by any standards, and its cost me a few grand already...  I dont want to keep spending money on it that I dont have, only to get minimal benefit from the work done.

Id rather have huge arms to be honest. LOL.

52Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Talk to any sidecar guy (hey Paul!!!) and they will all tell you that leading links of some description are the way to go. What you have there is a sidecar but with the front wheel in the middle of the track. Raking the front end will make it flop. Pushing the axle forward (a la some Airheads) will help a little.

I was going to recommend this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle-Handling-Chassis-Design-science/dp/8493328634

until I saw the price Shocked . I paid £6.95 for my copy when it was first published (checks to make sure it's still on the shelf. Hmm... maybe I should sell it... Very Happy ). Try your local library?

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

53Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:24 pm

FatRakoon

FatRakoon
WOW, and the price of it new... SHEESH!

Ok then Leading Links are the way to go then, so im still going to do that.

As for the rear shocks... It has 3.

One monoshock and 2 extras on the outside.

54Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Yes, get the links on and then see if you can live with the backend.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California

55Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:08 pm

FatRakoon

FatRakoon
Dai wrote:Yes, get the links on and then see if you can live with the backend.

Once again, Im wondering... Why is the back end so problematic?

It is becoming clear to me, that I need to try out various trikes with various modifications to see what all of this is about?

I mean... I sold my GoldWing a few years ago, it was the 1200 and it was grey and a nice standard bike.
The guy who bought it from me, converted it, to a side car affair, and he had added leading links. I only know this because he was sellign it off as he had it off me to make money.

It actually looked good too!

56Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:55 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
FatRakoon wrote:
AL-58 wrote:
FatRakoon wrote:

Thank you.

Yes, the ride is very smooth.

My only issue, is just how hard it is to turn the thing.

That's why many sidecars have leading links, a trike has the same issue of too much trail in the front suspension.  You need to push the front axle further forward (not by raking the steering head, this will make it worse by increasing the trail further).  Custom triple clamps that offset the forks further or rake just the forks forward will achieve this.

Al

Al

Im now very confused.

I was told to first increase the rake by getting yokes that allow me to push the frotn out a little.

I was then told to get Leading forks as this will be a better option.

I was then told that leading links are old tech and no one does this anymore because it does not work and will make it harder to ride.

And then I was told that I would be better off simply getting lober forkes, and this will raisew the front a few inches, therefore, pushing the front end out a little in the process, and this wil be the best way!!!

Sheesh!

And now its back to the leading links idea?

So, leading links WILL help the steering yes?

I am definitely getting wider bars, that are a little higher, and further back towards me, for both comfort and better leverage , but this will onlt help so-much.

The suspension in the rear is using a combination of the stock bike shocks, plus extra support from 2 more shocks, and I have been tols that independant rear suspension will also make life easier.... Not cheap though.

All options, but the trike is a 1984 model and so not a young vehicle by any standards, and its cost me a few grand already...  I dont want to keep spending money on it that I dont have, only to get minimal benefit from the work done.

Id rather have huge arms to be honest. LOL.
The steering is heavy because there is too much trail.

Leading Links that locate the axle further forward work because they reduce trail, giving you less steering effort.  Old tech? Sidecars are still getting fitted with leading links around the world cause they still work.

Yokes that push the axle forward by raking the forks only will also reduce trail/reduce steering effort. Steerite in the US do this sort of conversion. in this conversion the rake measurement stays the same as rake is measured at the steering head (which you havent changed)

Raking the frame at the steering head to push the axle forward makes it worse because as you increase the rake, you also increase the trail.

Never heard of using longer forks before, Shouldnt make much of a difference to trail and steering effort at all.

A cheapish way to look at that will work is if you can find an alternative set of fork legs that have a forward mount axle.

http://www.carbonfibervalvecovers.com/tools/rake_trail.html gives you something to play with.

If it was a BMW R1100/1150/1200 the Telelever front end gives other options for trail reduction.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 K-dogs10

57Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:21 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
FatRakoon wrote:Once again, Im wondering... Why is the back end so problematic?
You may be okay with it, which is why I suggest you try it first. I really didn't like the way the suspension reacted to bumps; could just be personal preference.

58Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:31 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Leading links work very well, then comes raked steering yokes (not the head stem) and least effective is bigger handlebars, (they'll work better than the rs bars) and price would be the other way round, handlebars then yokes then leading links
plenty of sidecar owners in here to tell you so.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

59Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:32 am

FatRakoon

FatRakoon
Next Friday, on the 25th of this month, a guy from the disability centre, is coming over to have a peek at the Trike, to see what he can do, in order to help me out... ( It may not be him doing the work, but he will be getting others to do it through him ).

I have given him the basics, thanks to you guys...

1. I have told him that I want leading links, first and foremost.

2 . I have told him, that extending the rake would also be an idea, instead of the links. The links being the preferable option.

3. The standard bars also need to be altered. Mostly for my hand and back more than anything else. They need to come up and closer to me, so I can sit in a more upright position.

Now, ideally, I would also like to have forward controls, however, it does not seem to be an easy option on the K100 does it?

I will see what he says for just having forward footrests then, and still keep the controls where they are.

Entirely depends on what the costs are to be honest.

60Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:04 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Fatrakoon, if I wanted forward controls on my bike, the only way I could see it working is to fabricate a u shaped plate for the sump, where the crash bars bolt up is where I would bolt up the subframe for the forward mounted pedals, its not somewhere I could stand on the pegs but it should hold the weight of my feet when riding well enough. That would put the feet midway along the motor, the back of the subframe could quiet easily run back to where the centrestand used to be and brace there. It would entirely depend on what a mechanic said about the sump being capable of holding the extra weight without leaking. Maybe worth asking about.

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

61Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty update as of 30-09-15 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:48 pm

FatRakoon

FatRakoon
Ok, sorry for not coming back an updating earlier. Been a busy bee... Well. "B" as in something else, but I will bleep myself for once. LOL.

Been giving things a serious think, more so about the back end than anything else.

The suspension, is the original monoshock from the bike itself. That was setup with the shock right near the the join and now its all the way back and so the amount of travel is going to be minimal... After having a mate bounce up and down on the thing, #i noticed that the only movement that I actualy get in the whole thing, is the tyres and the seat... The spring does not even move a jot... Pretty much making it a hardtail for all its worth!

So, I have got a couple of the local lads to give me their experise about it, and the bike is getting sorted out by a couple of lads who (a) ride their own trikes, and (b) have built their own trikes, so who better to get to do the job for me?

They have already found a million issues wrong with it, and they have said that they will get it all cleaned up and sorted for me, but of course, its sound enough and they recon that lowering the front end will take a whole load of the pressure off the front and that alone will make it feel easier to ride.

There is no doubt that getting the bars out and clsoer to me, is also something that I will be doing, but at least if we can get it rideable for the time being, thats half the battle.

Anyway, some pics to get a couple of close-ups... Check out the shabby welding and this will get sorted out over the next few days, so hopefully its going to be sorted out for once and for all, because I have not dared go out on it all that much because the thing is so heavy and far too tank-slappy-happy. ( Copyright that phraze )

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Suzz110

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Suzz210

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Suzz310

Hope these links work?

62Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:52 pm

FatRakoon

FatRakoon
K75cster wrote:Fatrakoon, if I wanted forward controls on my bike, the only way I could see it working is to fabricate a u shaped plate for the sump, where the crash bars bolt up is where I would bolt up the subframe for the forward mounted pedals, its not somewhere I could stand on the pegs but it should hold the weight of my feet when riding well enough. That would put the feet midway along the motor, the back of the subframe could quiet easily run back to where the centrestand used to be and brace there. It would entirely depend on what a mechanic said about the sump being capable of holding the extra weight without leaking. Maybe worth asking about.

Yes, something added to crash bars is the only viable option that I can think of too!

I wont be going for forward controls, but certainly its an option for footrests if nothing else.

For now, I have put that onto the back burner.

Its bum, bars, and then forks, in that order. I am going to place the footrests in cosmetics for now... Along with the tons of stupid lights that I have been gathering to tart it up when its all done and road worthy.

63Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:55 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
Don't forget to enjoy every mile you do on it.

64Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Drive ratio's Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:43 am

Gauntlett

Gauntlett
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Symbolizm

I have posted on my newbie status about my final drive ratio's, I have the same axle as you and this should give either a 15% increase in rev's for th same speed or 15% less speed for the same rev's ( an overall decrease in final drive ratio's, lower gears), I run same BMW 14" rims with 205 70 14r tyres these almost match the original bike tyre diameter, can you give me some indication of your speeds /rpm figures for your set up as currently I dont have a rev counter, I seem to top out at around 80-85 mph and Im not sure what revs Im currently achieving.

Many thanks in advance

Big Dave

65Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:59 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Dave, if you post your rear tyre diameter measurement I can calculate your engine speed (rpm) at 85mph in top gear or any other speed/gear combination (assuming your 3.2:1 FD).
Your FD is slightly higher geared than the standard RS so that will give you more grunt but a lower top speed.
How are you measuring your mph?
Tyre diameter needs to be reasonably accurate so measure from the ground to the bottom of a stick placed on top of the tyre.
Cheers

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

66Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
Hey yungaas it's a small World, the trike has had a colour makeover recently, tap me on the shoulder the next time you see me!

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 212902

67Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty My BMW K100 Trike Gets a makeover! Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:03 am

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
It's been a while now since I have owned my BMW K100 trike and over the last few weeks I have given her a makeover, I'm really happy with the result and it's been well worth all the hard work! Smile

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 2016-011
My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 2016-010

68Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:43 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
The good thing about that trike is that it actually has some load-carrying capability. I've seen so many trikes where I could carry more on my solo than I could on any of them.

69Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
Dai wrote:The good thing about that trike is that it actually has some load-carrying capability. I've seen so many trikes where I could carry more on my solo than I could on any of them.

Yes your correct there Dai, carrying space is a handy thing! Smile

Below is a couple of snaps from todays run, through Rye and Appledore.

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 2016-017
My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 2016-016

70Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty I'm sexy and I know it! Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:59 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
Wow, time goes by so quickly! Since the new paint job the Reliant rear axle half shafts decided to crack.  I had a feeling this might happen at some point due to the poor design of the rear end of the trike.  Anyways the good news, those lovely people over at EuroTec Engineering near Hastings did a wonderful job of completely rebuilding the back end.  She's now a softail, the rear axle has been shortened and sleeved with 3mm steel and now the rear tyres are 225 55 R16 which seem like a much more suitable match to the K100 gearing.

New photo below of my beauty and some rear shots to follow shortly!

Ride safe Big thumb  

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Dsc_7010

71Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:21 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
Gauntlett wrote:Hi Symbolizm

I have posted on my newbie status about my final drive ratio's, I have the same axle as you and this should give either a 15% increase in rev's for th same speed  or 15% less speed for the same rev's ( an overall decrease in final drive ratio's, lower gears), I run same BMW 14" rims with 205 70 14r tyres these almost match the original bike tyre diameter, can you give me some indication of your speeds /rpm figures for your set up as currently I dont have a rev counter, I seem to top out at around 80-85 mph and Im not sure what revs Im currently achieving.

Many thanks in advance

Big Dave
Hey Gauntlett sorry to be so late getting back to you.

Using GearCalc to calculate the best wheel and tyre combination, I am now using 225 55 R16.  She now purrs perfectly with no over revving and performing very similar to the two wheeled variant. Now at 3000 rpm she's achieving 44 mph.

72Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
That's lookin good a real credit to you. Big thumb

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

73Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:28 am

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
RicK G wrote:That's lookin good a real credit to you. Big thumb
Cheers RicK G  My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 212902

74Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:35 am

Gauntlett

Gauntlett
Silver member
Silver member
Great to hear your mechanicals are coming together, what top end and revs are you achieving.

75Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:12 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
Gauntlett wrote:Great to hear your mechanicals are coming together, what top end and revs are you achieving.
5th gear 3,000 rpm 44 mph
5th gear 6,000 rpm 80 mph
So far I've got up to a 100 mph Smile

76Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:39 am

Gauntlett

Gauntlett
Silver member
Silver member
Mine accelerates like a bullet up to around 6000-6500rpm about 80-85mph, but its almost impossible to continue accelerating beyond that point, how do you find it above this speed. Reliant A diff, 245 50 r14 tyres, so overall ratios must be slightly lower compared to yours

Last edited by Gauntlett on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added drive info.)

77Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:04 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
Gauntlett wrote:Mine accelerates like a bullet up to around 6000-6500rpm about 80-85mph, but its almost impossible to continue accelerating beyond that point, how do you find it above this speed. Reliant A diff, 245 50 r14 tyres, so overall ratios must be slightly lower compared to yours

Hi Gauntlett, below you will find the calculated speeds for your chosen size of tyre, then below this is the comparison with the tyres I’m currently using, hope this helps.  I have to say that I do not believe for one minute that mine will do 114 mph, so these figures are more of a guide and perhaps someone out there may be able to shed some more light on this matter. 

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 245_5010

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 225_5511

78Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Tue May 23, 2017 2:37 pm

jimmy62alan

jimmy62alan
has anyone seen any K100 trike swing arm plans on the web to down load, I want to help a mate build a trike and he has the chance of getting a K100 at a sensible price any feed back would be very useful.
cheers in advance 
ALAN
Sheffield S25 4EQ

Last edited by jimmy62alan on Tue May 23, 2017 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correcting spelling)

79Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:01 pm

JonnyHonda

JonnyHonda
I'd love to see some, I did quite a bit of research a couple of years ago and found nothing. I did speak to Casarva Trikes who reckoned they could build one they are only in Peterborough UK.

80Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty The K100 is Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:25 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
The BMW K100 trike is still going strong and has seen some changes since the last time I posted. She has had a rear end rebuild, due to the previously poor design where welds were made directly onto the casing of an ancient Reliant axle, which eventually failed! The rear end is now a soft tail, which is a way more comfortable ride, plus the axle was shortened and over plated. All panels have been resprayed and the original stock exhaust removed and replaced.

My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 2017-010

81Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:04 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Looks good.  I like the design as it is still recognisable as a K bike  Smile 

Lovely colour as well.

82Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:59 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Mr Sybolizm
I read this thread through when it resurfaced yesterday and I was interested in the bit about handling and the front geometry. The reference to Tony Foale was good - I really do like what that guy has done and the way he writes about it. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(Edited - there may have been something iffy in a reference I made to a Tony Foale book for sale - I'll re-edit if/when he replies)

Nice trike by the way - suits the looks of the K well. I like your long term, steady approach too - that suits the K just as well!

83Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
'pologies for the above weird post.

-I thought I'd found a cheap copy of Tony Foale's 'Motorcycling Handling & Chassis Design' book & I was going to recommend it as a cracking & worthwhile read - no matter what your level of interest is.

Then I found that the book was still current, and for sale on the Tony Foale/Motochassis website for 49 European Euros, and 'my' copy was a Long John Silver.

I've since made my peace with Mr Foale, and made him take some of the blame for the things I've built. Not sure how he feels about that, hey ho.

BUT, even at 49 Euros, it will still probs be the best motorcylcing book you ever bought!

(And that's still a nice trike BTW)

84Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:27 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Fifty bloody quid?! I paid (goes and checks the cover) £6.95 for mine Very Happy

85Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:22 am

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Ah, yours wont'have the updates. Y'know, pneumatic tyres, metal frames, twin cylinders and so on.

86Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Trike Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:11 am

poddy

poddy
Silver member
Silver member
Congrates  on your conversion enjoy what you've got. There are to many critics when you enter the world of trikes. Had a good friend here in Oz that does trike conversions he turned out some nice rides. At the time I had a three seater Bontrike VW powered which I belive was sold as a Rewaco in your country. It was just an oversized gocart. Total different ride from a motorcycle conversion. 90% of conversions had no chance of meeting there handling charaistics. Use to enjoy sucking sports bikes in to twisty corners. Have Fun, Poddy

87Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Mine is now complete Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:02 am

Dangerous Brian

Dangerous Brian
My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Fabd7b10
I acquired my part built K100 Trike in June this year.  Spent almost every spare minute in the garage doing a full strip and rebuild.
Now finished but trying to get it registered with DVLA is giving me grief.

Last edited by Dangerous Brian on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add picture)

1985 K100RT Trike - with FZ750 forks..... and Reliant axel Very Happy

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 52020695796_c7b1d9e7c5_k

89Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:32 pm

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
Looks Awesome! Love red.

90Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:21 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Back in the 70's a mate imported a VW trike kit from the US. NSW transport refused to register it as they didn't have a category for it. He managed to get an old category  book and eventually found a category. It took a lot of persuasion on his part to get it through. He registered it as a three wheeled tractor. My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 44271 
Regards Martin.

91Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:49 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
fishboy316 wrote:Looks Awesome! Love red.
Thank you for your kind comments, enjoy your red friend!

92Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:50 pm

Symbolizm

Symbolizm
MartinW wrote:Back in the 70's a mate imported a VW trike kit from the US. NSW transport refused to register it as they didn't have a category for it. He managed to get an old category  book and eventually found a category. It took a lot of persuasion on his part to get it through. He registered it as a three wheeled tractor. My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 44271 
Regards Martin.
affraid lol!

93Back to top Go down   My beautiful BMW K100 Trike - Page 2 Empty Re: My beautiful BMW K100 Trike Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:44 am

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
i am looking at building a old school trike next , always wanted to try and i like 3 wheelers , i have the rear section and looking at a k100 project now for a donner machine , lets see how far i get , rear section is 1930s jowet with 19inch wheels inc axel diff , rod brakes etc . front end will have to be standard to stop the thing .

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum