BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:45 am

AL-58

Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:I deliberately didn't ask when I could ride my bike, that way they don't tell me something I don't want to hear but by the way things are progressing I think Nindigully is the target and then the Alpine Rally in June.
You're aware it's the dirt year this year?  Site in the Brindabellas, not on the Snowy Mtns Hwy. I'm probably going, if you want a part way stop you're welcome here.

Al

52Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:57 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Like ahhhh how much dirt?

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

53Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:27 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
The flyer is here:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~petercusack/aigor/Flyers/Jun%20Alpine%202014.pdf

By the looks of Google Maps I'd say around 28kms.

From Canberra, dirt right through the Brindabellas then the further 8km from the Goodradigbee Rvr turn off.  The Brindies have a climb up to Picadilly Circus, then back down to the river.  Dependant on weather, there can be snow across the top (rare).  The surface can be a bit rough with a bit of exposed rock, depends on what weather and how recently there's been some maintenance.  Doable at an appropriate speed though.

Henning runs the Alpine on two sites, the dirt site and the Snowy Mtns Hwy site.  The sites swap each year.  The dirt site is on a private property and is marginally warmer as its not as open.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 K-dogs10

54Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:04 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I will see how the spine is doing as it gets closer

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

55Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:13 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:I will see how the spine is doing as it gets closer
Yep.

56Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:37 am

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
My mum and dad did the Apline Rally for years in the late 70's early 80's. Mostly on a Z1300 I believe....

Im growing rather fond of the idea of making it "Bob Marley & the Waliers" (my beast according to Al) first big trip Smile

Nothing like a date and a challenge to help a project progress

57Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:30 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I think the Alpine will have to be the Super Tenere for me, it's hardly been ridden for ages (since the K bug started to bite deeper).  Either that or the sidecar and I know that getting out of there on a sidecar can be a real challenge due to a slippery hill.  

I was the only chair to get out under its own steam one year, the rest got towed up the hill with a tractor.  I had the assistance of a 5" rear motocross knobby tyre(which I fitted just for the weekend) and the organisers son sitting and bouncing over the back wheel to help me find traction on the greasy track.

Al

58Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:35 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
AL-58 wrote:I think the Alpine will have to be the Super Tenere for me, it's hardly been ridden for ages (since the K bug started to bite deeper).  Either that or the sidecar and I know that getting out of there on a sidecar can be a real challenge due to a slippery hill.  

I was the only chair to get out under its own steam one year, the rest got towed up the hill with a tractor.  I had the assistance of a 5" rear motocross knobby tyre(which I fitted just for the weekend) and the organisers son sitting and bouncing over the back wheel to help me find traction on the greasy track.

Al
sounds more like a Ural vacation, Al.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 10_x_110

59Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:36 am

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
AL-58 wrote:I think the Alpine will have to be the Super Tenere for me, it's hardly been ridden for ages (since the K bug started to bite deeper).  Either that or the sidecar and I know that getting out of there on a sidecar can be a real challenge due to a slippery hill.  

Al

Sounds like a job for a 2WD Ural!

60Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:39 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
mind you , you are riding a traKtor Floyd, so it should be easy going.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 10_x_110

61Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:50 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
floyd wrote:

Al

Sounds like a job for a 2WD Ural!

Not for me, I couldn't live with the 90kmh cruising speed and being passed by every Grey nomad/caravan, volvo and truck on the highway.  My K sidecar tows a trailer happily at 120kmh and has more carrying capacity than the Ural also.  I know the latest Ural updates add more speed but its still only 100kmh.

Al

62Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:03 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I heard that there is a $20000 prize for the first rider to break the sound barrier on a Ural.
That's when you're going fast enough that you don't hear the rattles.

63Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:26 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
A local area Beemer dealership also sell Ural, and coming soon, Ducati. With every one of Ural's carbie models, after the run-in period (fuel injection starts this model year), they offer a simple and inexpensive
'jet up' kit which includes larger needles, mains, idles and etc.

According to the techs I've spoken to the bike and chair can hardly get out of its own way beforehand, but with the jet up kit it can now beat granny away from the lights in her automatic '72 Dodge Dart slant six.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

64Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:47 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Well back to my own renovation.
After much back breaking (pun intended) work and lots of help from a very patient physioterrorist I managed to get the creaky old bugger back onto the K1100 and went for a ride round the block (31k) and am planing a further break-in trip of 200k for Thursday. Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 723598  Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 723598  Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 723598  Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 723598

65Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:55 am

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
BLOODY BRILLIANT!!

Nice one mate Smile

:flower:  cheers   cheers   cheers    :flower: 

(I just wanted an excuse to use the blue flower men)

66Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:18 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
great news rick .....be careful

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

67Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:08 pm

sidecar paul

sidecar paul
Life time member
Life time member
+1    Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 212902

Paul.

68Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:57 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Back on bike, be careful backing it.

69Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:09 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Good to hear Rick!

...more blue flower men...

:flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower: 

Nice touch floyd!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

70Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty good luck! Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 am

Dale S

Dale S
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Rick,

Good luck to you, sounds like your coming along just fine!
Keep it up. It will all be good in no time.

Dale.

71Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:29 am

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Good to hear, Rick! It musta been bloody difficult to not be able to throw a leg over when ever the urge struck. But I'm glad to know you're well on the mend and that you'll be owning the road you travel once again. Cheers.

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

72Back to top Go down   Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 Empty Re: Seems an appropriate place Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:34 pm

k-rider

k-rider
Life time member
Life time member
good to hear youre back on the bike cheers  cheers  cheers  Seems an appropriate place - Page 2 212902 

k-rider

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum