BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Scotland Empty Hello from Scotland Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:56 pm

Speedaddictedberk

Speedaddictedberk
Silver member
Silver member
Hello! Thanks to this forum, and more specifically Robmack (balance throttle bodies thread) my 1986 K100 is now running smoothly for the first time.

I've had the bike for 7 years, never ridden it more than 100 yards because I got it as a non runner project bike and it was far worse than at first though. I also have another bike so there is no pressure to finish.

So far it's turned from an RT into a naked bike, changed the forks, shock, head (was cracked, ha bloody ha), exhaust, seat, bars, headlight and every rubber part on the bike as they were perished and the bloody thing wouldn't run. It'll need painted too.
To be honest it was too far gone when I got it and scrapping would have been sensible, but I'm stubborn.

Today got the throttles balanced for the first time and it's running smoothly. Might even attempt an MOT at some point and got for a ride!

The possible next stage, once I've actually had a go of it, is a more stripped down look with clip on bars and a chopped tail.

http://leportphotographic.co.uk

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Scotland Empty Re: Hello from Scotland Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:03 pm

klamityboy

klamityboy
Gold member
Gold member
Welcome. Looking forward to reading about the resurrection of your K.

Model Description: K 75RT
Market: Europe
Type: 0565
E-Code: K569
Engine: 3_ZYL - 0,70l (55kW)
Transmission: Manual
Body Color: Polizeiweiss
Production Date: 30.08.1990

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Scotland Empty Re: Hello from Scotland Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:03 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
JMHO but I think the keys to make a K running as smoothly as possible:

1) Get fuel injectors reconditioned.

2) Install new spark plugs.

3) Synch TBs.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Scotland Empty Re: Hello from Scotland Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:17 pm

Speedaddictedberk

Speedaddictedberk
Silver member
Silver member
I took a more roundabout way to that really quite short list! I'll do a build thread when I have more time and it looks like folks are needing a laugh.

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Scotland Empty Re: Hello from Scotland Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Greetings Speedy welcome to the Knuthaus

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Scotland Empty Re: Hello from Scotland Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:31 pm

jings

jings
howdo from the borders,,,,,,,

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Scotland Empty Re: Hello from Scotland Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Speedaddictedberk

Speedaddictedberk
Silver member
Silver member
Build thread now up. Thanks for the welcome.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum