BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:30 pm

grunta181

grunta181
I think it's a great idea, putting kids on bikes at an early age is smart.
People talk about the danger......non bike riders say we're stupid for riding in the first place. I've been blown of a pushy by a truck, hit by a car on my skate board, t-boned in a car, and a driver does a "U" turn in front of me on my first bike.
With those experiences, one takes the necessary precautions without sacrificing the excitement of adventure. No video games for this little black duck.

Hi my name is Grant, I bought myself a 1985 K100RS for my 21st birthday in 1989 and I still have it.

2Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome along Grant ,
what a way to celebrate your 21st. 
In 89' at the age of 21 I was one of those in the majority who thought just that , that anyone on two wheels was senseless.
not realising at the time, that it was the majority who created the high degree of danger for two wheelers ,
 and also I didn't realise the immense enjoyment that was brought about by being an owner of a bike. the sheer pleasure of riding.
good to have you along for the ride, enjoy your time here.
plenty of good experience and info , and we look forward to catching up somewhere on a ride.
any chance of pics and additional info?
Cheers Ed.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
K's with baby seats 10_x_110

3Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:37 pm

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Grant.
                                          Baby seats on bikes, I cant begin to tell you how stupid that is, maybe I should let some toddlers play with my loaded 223 rifle. As it's no different, It's just as stupid as a baby seat on a bike, I saw your bike on ebay with the baby seat and though it to be a joke! There sure is one  born every minute.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

4Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:30 pm

grunta181

grunta181
Hi Smithy, thanks for the welcome.

Ya'Know, our points of view are formed from the society we live in, our culture. I live in Thailand predominantly and the things I've seen with moped's amaze me. 2 adults and 4 kids on one moped, 30 odd push bikes piled up on the back, 2 mopeds towing a car. They see it as normal, to us it's reckless, or so we're brain washed to think.
Giving a loaded gun to a toddler in some countries is considered as being a good parent, teaching them your cultural ways at an early age.

By the way, I didn't even try fixing the baby seat to the bike but I thought it looked pretty outrageous so I took a photo. In Thailand they thought it took up too much space, 4 more people could get on without that seat.

5Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:46 pm

grunta181

grunta181
Hi Ed, Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah, I thought my photo would get some sort of reaction, but that was the idea.

I will arrange some pics as suggested.

I met Rossko yesterday, great bloke, love to go for a ride with him and some others.

Cheers
Grant

6Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:49 pm

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
grunta181 wrote:Hi Smithy, thanks for the welcome.

Ya'Know, our points of view are formed from the society we live in, our culture. I live in Thailand predominantly and the things I've seen with moped's amaze me. 2 adults and 4 kids on one moped, 30 odd push bikes piled up on the back, 2 mopeds towing a car. They see it as normal, to us it's reckless, or so we're brain washed to think.
Giving a loaded gun to a toddler in some countries is considered as being a good parent, teaching them your cultural ways at an early age.

By the way, I didn't even try fixing the baby seat to the bike but I thought it looked pretty outrageous so I took a photo. In Thailand they thought it took up too much space, 4 more people could get on without that seat.
Here in Australia we have much higher morals in regards to the safety of children, that's why we have laws in place to deal with idiots. I place you in that category.

7Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum. You are right, motorcycling takes on meanings in different parts of the world. Last year I was nearly run over on a footpath in China by a person on an electric bike...no sound...no warning...the assumption was that everyone has to get off the footpath and onto the road to get out of the way.

8Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Welcome to the forum idiot Grunta.  Some ungrateful bugga you'd be selling a 21st birthday present. Now out there and take the for sale sign of it and go for a ride with RossKo and meet some of us and you'll be hooked all over again.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

9Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:48 pm

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
There you go Grant, you got a bite Razz 

Welcome to the forum. Now if we can only get smithy to calm down and take that gun away we can get on to the serious business of getting your bike started and convincing you to keep it.

The links I promised are
Www.motorworks.co.uk
Www.motobins.co.uk
Www.realoem.com

Welcome to the forum. Great to meet you.
One more successful online stalking event Twisted Evil

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

10Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:22 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
smithy wrote:Welcome to the forum Grant.
                                          Baby seats on bikes, I cant begin to tell you how stupid that is, maybe I should let some toddlers play with my loaded 223 rifle.

You'll like this then Smithy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiAASoffA-U

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

K's with baby seats K-dogs10

11Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:04 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
While we're at it.............
A toddler by size.............and armed & dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxqIITtTtU

12Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:54 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
grunta181 wrote:
Yeah, I thought my photo would get some sort of reaction, but that was the idea.

I met Rossko yesterday, great bloke, love to go for a ride with him and some others.

Cheers
Grant

certainly achieved the attention bit with that seat of yours, 
now tell us you haven't sold it yet and you are holding out for a big spender, you know the true value of these K's right?
so of course Rossko has booked you in for the Woollamia on 4th of May, and Nindigully I hope?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
K's with baby seats 10_x_110

13Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:49 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member

I live in Thailand predominantly and the things I've seen with moped's amaze me. 2 adults and 4 kids on one moped, 30 odd push bikes piled up on the back, 2 mopeds towing a car. They see it as normal, to us it's reckless, or so we're brain washed to think.

Mate you are quit welcome to your beliefs, and I respect that. But if you have ever had to drag a screaming mother away from her dead 6 year old that's lost her face in an accident you may change your mind. It's not your ability as a rider putting your child at risk, it's the other road users that may not see you. I think eight year old is legal in NSW as a pillion, but six and under is just plain stupid.
Both my kids from the age of three had there own trail bikes, for use around the farm. But I wouldn't let them ride the 4 wheeler quad bike until they where thirteen. Quads are way more dangers than two wheelers for kids, as kids are to light to keep them on the ground.
As far as shooting goes ,my kids outshoot me every time, I'll use a nine times scope and still need my glasses.

14Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:00 am

grunta181

grunta181
groverK wrote:
grunta181 wrote:

Cheers
Grant

certainly achieved the attention bit with that seat of yours, 
now tell us you haven't sold it yet and you are holding out for a big spender, you know the true value of these K's right?
so of course Rossko has booked you in for the Woollamia on 4th of May, and Nindigully I hope?

No, I haven't sold it. I don't really want to. I've had it for so long. I would like a new one, and a GS.
I'm going back home to Thailand on the 4th. I expect to be back for Christmas.

15Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:12 am

grunta181

grunta181
rossko wrote:There you go Grant, you got a bite Razz 

Welcome to the forum. Now if we can only get smithy to calm down and take that gun away we can get on to the serious business of getting your bike started and convincing you to keep it.

The links I promised are
Www.motorworks.co.uk
Www.motobins.co.uk
Www.realoem.com

Welcome to the forum. Great to meet you.
One more successful online stalking event Twisted Evil

Good onya Rossko, A good "G-Up" to get things started don't you think ?
I'll have to get her back to her former glory if she is to remain in the garage.
I will look at those links aswell. Thank you for your help.

16Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:27 am

grunta181

grunta181
smithy wrote:

Here in Australia we have much higher morals in regards to the safety of children, that's why we have laws in place to deal with idiots. I place you in that category.

Like I said, brain washed  :cyclops: 
anyway Smithy, lighten up, it was a "G-Up"  K's with baby seats 723598

17Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:44 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
I certainly hope you end up going on a ride where I am, I'm not one to mince words, But would be pleased to show you my more brain washed side.
Looking forward Craig

18Back to top Go down   K's with baby seats Empty Re: K's with baby seats Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:44 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Grunta...an entertaining intro to say the least.

Welcome to the Forum.

...could've picked a different subject for your G-Up, in my humble opinion.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum