BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty wanted bar riser Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:10 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
Looking for a way to bring back the bars on my 89 K100 RS...something like this?

wanted bar riser PhpXgEVh6

2Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
All I can suggest is to keep an eye on fleabay. There was a set for$125, apparently he is stupid because he thinks we are stupid.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:02 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
Band of brothers against stupidity...

4Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:04 am

AJ.Valente

AJ.Valente
Life time member
Life time member
I have a set of 1x1 bar backs (1"up and 1" back), new in box. Make me an offer (hint, I paid US$90).

My old K100 RT Pics and Mods

5Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:46 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
AJ.Valente wrote:I have a set of 1x1 bar backs (1"up and 1" back), new in box. Make me an offer (hint, I paid US$90).

Just asked a guy with the same K100 special on Facebook and he said it only helped a bit to bring the bars back, makes the steering sluggish also.   I think I will work on changing the bars and relocating the mirrors this summer.  Thanks for the offer  Very Happy

6Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:01 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
You need to be careful buying barbacks.  If they're made for a K then they'll have holes drilled and tapped in the front of them so that you can bring the dash pad back with the bars.

Kind of spendy but A&A carries them: http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1349

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

7Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:05 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
duck wrote:You need to be careful buying barbacks.  If they're made for a K then they'll have holes drilled and tapped in the front of them so that you can bring the dash pad back with the bars.

Kind of spendy but A&A carries them: http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1349

Thanks Duck...would be nice to just find a set of bars that would work?  I don't really want to raise the bars just bring them to a comfortable reach...

8Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:13 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
A lot of people swap in K75C bars.

Last edited by duck on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

9Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:19 am

K75cster

K75cster
Life time member
Life time member
At one time I used a bit of 25mm alloy flatbar about 16mm thick that was bent to take the ignition pad, I went to a local wreckers yard and bought some bar clamps from a late 70's dt400 yamaha, they the upper and lower bar clamps came off as a set, completely off the top tripleclamp, might be possible to do the same today if old trail bikes are being wrecked out your way. Might give you a chance to workout how much rearward movement you need in your bars, before buying store bought items

Last edited by K75cster on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : last sentence amended)

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

10Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Bigsax

Bigsax
Gold member
Gold member
martyman wrote:
duck wrote:You need to be careful buying barbacks.  If they're made for a K then they'll have holes drilled and tapped in the front of them so that you can bring the dash pad back with the bars.

Thanks Duck...would be nice to just find a set of bars that would work?  I don't really want to raise the bars just bring them to a comfortable reach...
Hey Martyman, check my post on the subject last year. 

K100RS to K100RT Handlebar swap

11Back to top Go down   wanted bar riser Empty Re: wanted bar riser Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:25 am

jbur5455

jbur5455
I have k1100 lt raisers any good for you

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum