BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K75 by Renard Speed Shop Empty K75 by Renard Speed Shop Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:23 am

aquachrono23

aquachrono23

2Back to top Go down   K75 by Renard Speed Shop Empty Re: K75 by Renard Speed Shop Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:01 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Another K75 has had the treatment

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   K75 by Renard Speed Shop Empty Re: K75 by Renard Speed Shop Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:47 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Can I sense disappointment in that comment, Rick?

Yes, another cafe'd K but I look at some of the elements of the design with interest.  I like the re-engineered rear suspension.  Love the rear brake light and the instrument panel / triple tee.  Hate the exhaust.

When will someone get rid of that huge air box -- every classic-K custom keeps that bulbous ugly plastic thing as is?  There must be some other way to keep the MAF function but have a better design esthetic.

4Back to top Go down   K75 by Renard Speed Shop Empty Re: K75 by Renard Speed Shop Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:54 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You sensed that right Rob.
I just dont think Ks make a good cafe racer the engine is just far to bulbous and when you are looking for a minimalist look you just cant get it.
I like what you have done and I am doing my own thing with a K75 which I will be judged on and say nothing.
One of the main objections I have is that they are supposed to be an individual thing and they all end up looking the same (well not quite) most with that old and tired Manx norton style seat.
You were saying about the ugly air box and I agree with that. I think that if you went to a motronic injection which would be easily adapted, I hope, that air and filter could be bought back to a reasonable size.
For a good look in a cafe racer go for a big single, a V twin or a Parallel twin.
I have seen a few K that were customized as against hacking and slashing into a cafe racer and some did look good.
One that sticks in my mind was a K1100 from Spain but I could never find it again and lost the pictures of it. It was still every bit a K but customized very tastefully.

Well that's my thoughts

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

5Back to top Go down   K75 by Renard Speed Shop Empty Re: K75 by Renard Speed Shop Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:28 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Rick G wrote:One that sticks in my mind was a K1100 from Spain but I could never find it again and lost the pictures of it. It was still every bit a K but customized very tastefully.

Was it this one?
K75 by Renard Speed Shop Cimg5910

K75 by Renard Speed Shop Cimg5942

K75 by Renard Speed Shop Cimg5944

K75 by Renard Speed Shop Cimg5953z

Last edited by robmack on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added additional images from my photo album)

6Back to top Go down   K75 by Renard Speed Shop Empty Re: K75 by Renard Speed Shop Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:57 am

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
robmack wrote:Can I sense disappointment in that comment, Rick?

Yes, another cafe'd K but I look at some of the elements of the design with interest.  I like the re-engineered rear suspension.  Love the rear brake light and the instrument panel / triple tee.  Hate the exhaust.

When will someone get rid of that huge air box -- every classic-K custom keeps that bulbous ugly plastic thing as is?  There must be some other way to keep the MAF function but have a better design esthetic.

K75 by Renard Speed Shop Maf

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

7Back to top Go down   K75 by Renard Speed Shop Empty Re: K75 by Renard Speed Shop Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:58 am

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
robmack wrote:Can I sense disappointment in that comment, Rick?

K75 by Renard Speed Shop Maf

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

8Back to top Go down   K75 by Renard Speed Shop Empty Re: K75 by Renard Speed Shop Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
That's the one Rob it looks finished and something I would be proud to own.
As you said that 75 does have an interesting rear suspension on it. Although laying a shock down like that can have problems unless of course it is meant to be horizontal, I sure would like to see a drawing of the workings.

Did you see Duck has a case of stuttering again probably needs to go for a ride but can't decide which of the 8 bikes to take. Laughing

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum