BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Oil Leak (Ughh!) Empty Oil Leak (Ughh!) Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 pm

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Lads and Ladettes, have only just now discovered a v.slight oil leak, emanating from the hole at the very front, left of centre, of the oil pan sump. It seems to be oil only, not mixed with coolant.

Is it the dreaded seal in the water pump thingo? I've yet to rummage around in that area, so I'm totally unfamiliar.

If I go for a longish (1200 - 1500Km) ride with this leak what grief can I expect?

Cheers, Rickmeister.

2Back to top Go down   Oil Leak (Ughh!) Empty Re: Oil Leak (Ughh!) Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
should be good for a year of so uli

just my contribution

but a seal change will need to be done some time

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Oil Leak (Ughh!) Empty Re: Oil Leak (Ughh!) Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:07 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
If it is as you say very slight I would not be too concerned about it. Just check it every 2-3 km Oil Leak (Ughh!) 44271 
All serious now just keep an eye on it but don't let it stop your fun and last ride for about 8 weeks.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum