BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Member Empty New Member Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:51 pm

KJustin

KJustin
Silver member
Silver member
Greetings all.  I'm a new member and understand I need to introduce myself.  So here it goes. 

I curretly have a 1985 K100RT, which I've owned since 1999.  Before that I had a 1983 R100RT and a before that a 1981 R65.  I stopped riding for about 7-8 years after my dad was killed in a motorcycle accident (and, relatedly, my kids were young).  The kids are a bit older now and I decided to resurrect my bike which had been gathering dust in the garage.  Amazingly, with a new battery and fresh gas it fired right up.  A few hundred bucks for a tune up/fluid change (and new rear shock which had failed and was leaking a lot of oil) and I was back on the road.

I'm in the process of converting the bike to a cafe racer. I don't have time to tour anymore (though I used to--put about 100k miles in that R100RT), and thought a cafe would be fun for riding around town. I've removed all of the fairing, lowers, bags, etc.  I've sold off a lot of this stuff, but for anyone interested, I have the main fairing piece and windscreen, tail section and (old) Corbin seat, tail light, rear turn signals, and a bunch of odds and ends available for sale.

I've been montining the form for a few months and the wealth of information is amazing.  I've learned more in a couple of months here than years of reading my Clymer manual and experimenting.  Looking forward to being part of the community!

2Back to top Go down   New Member Empty Re: New Member Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome! There's plenty of good ideas and good banter in here.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

3Back to top Go down   New Member Empty Re: New Member Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:49 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Hi KJustin. It's certainly helped me out on a few occassions since owning a K.
WelKome aboard

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 New Member Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum