BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Gearbox case gasket? Empty Gearbox case gasket? Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:19 am

gabriel

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi everyone

I finally got around to opening my gearbox and tightening the grub screw.
I'm not 100% confident about my efforts, but I managed to clean and loctite the screw without removing any of the internal components!
I must admit that made it difficult to apply loctite to the female threads..
I've been trying to source loctite 573.....it's listed on the loctite uk site but the australian website does nit list this product!

Does anyone know if it's available in australia and if not, what is a suitable substitute?
All responses will be appreciated...

Thanks

2Back to top Go down   Gearbox case gasket? Empty Re: Gearbox case gasket? Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:41 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Permatex blue RTV/ultra blue, if it eksist down under............

3Back to top Go down   Gearbox case gasket? Empty Re: Gearbox case gasket? Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:51 am

gabriel

Platinum member
Platinum member
Thank you Inge....

I noticed there are several flange sealants listed under the permatex? Brand...

4Back to top Go down   Gearbox case gasket? Empty Re: Gearbox case gasket? Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:22 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
When I rebuilt my water/oil pump, I used Permatex Anaerobic Gasket Maker to seal the interface between the pump and block.  The recommended sealer is Drei-Bond 1209.  The Permatex product worked very well.  Others have recommended Loctite 515 Master Gasket after first priming the mating surfaces with Loctite Primer T for the same application.  You can investigate these choices for your application.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum