BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Engine protector Empty Engine protector Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Reddragon52

Hi can anyone recommend a spray or coating I can spray on the engine and frame to slow down the corrosion from salt on the roads etc .as I'm one of these mad buggers that rides a bike all winter cheers Ian. :@:

2Back to top Go down   Engine protector Empty Re: Engine protector Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
I used to use Castrol DWF spray. Don't know if its still available but it worked well.
I like to use my K all winter too and unless you are using it every day it will stand the winter quite well with regular washing and cleaning.
Mind you, if the mileage and condition on yours are as low as you say, I would not be too keen on letting any salt at it.
I would spend £500 on fleabay for another rough one as a spare.
Trouble is, now that you have the OKD (Obsessive K Disorder) you will probably want to restore it too!

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

3Back to top Go down   Engine protector Empty Re: Engine protector Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:19 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
For general steel tube and alloy casting protection there are a number of products around Lanocote or Waxoyl are two good products for frame members and engine parts.
Regards,
K-BIKE

4Back to top Go down   Engine protector Empty Re: Engine protector Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Comberjohn wrote:Trouble is, now that you have the OKD (Obsessive K Disorder) you will probably want to restore it too!
Comberjohn, you are too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

5Back to top Go down   Engine protector Empty Re: Engine protector Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:05 pm

Oldgoat

Oldgoat
Life time member
Life time member
OKD. I definitely think I've caught that from you fine gentlemen! Very Happy

J

6Back to top Go down   Engine protector Empty Engine and frame protector Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:31 am

Reddragon52

Thanks for your advice ,And yes comber John I have caught the okd but not too bothered about a cure,Have remembered I've got a can of duck oil in the garage I'll use that.Will be posting some pics of the beast today ,(that's the bike not the mother in law) cheers Ian .

7Back to top Go down   Engine protector Empty Re: Engine protector Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:18 pm

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
Duck oil sounds like something similar. Your K will look 'orrible over the Winter and it's very tempting to clean it off but come the Spring (it will come again won't it?) an afternoon with a degreaser and soap and water and it will come up fine.
See you are from Ipswich. Remember joining the Royal Navy in 1971 at HMS Ganges in Shotley Gate near Ipswich. Think its all gone now. Seems like a long time ago.

http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum