BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Dash lights but no parkers Empty Dash lights but no parkers Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:48 am

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
As the title suggests my front and rear bulbs have no power. I have brake lights, the BMU light goes out as required when you tap both brakes. I have dash lights with the ignition in P or the light switch/key on. I have tested the blue/grey wire on th RHS connector under the tank and have power when the switch is on and the headlight is fine. Does anyone have a suggestion? I also pulled the BMU and cleaned the terminals

I have no problem with authority. Just some of the morons that are paid to enforce it.

2Back to top Go down   Dash lights but no parkers Empty Re: Dash lights but no parkers Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:52 am

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Check Fuse 2

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

3Back to top Go down   Dash lights but no parkers Empty Re: Dash lights but no parkers Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:22 am

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
Fuse 2 is good and gets power when the ignition is in the P position and I now seem to have parkers too. But only in P, not off the switch with the key turned on. The dash lights still come on with switch but not the front and rear bulbs

After an afternoon of cleaning the RHS switch and chasing a tiny ball bearing that I never found (I USED A SMALL ROCK FROM THE SHEDS DIRT FLOOR) I have come to the conclusion that I should take power from the return (grey/blue or green blue, cant remember now) power wire for the RHS switch block under the tank, and run a new wire to the parkers. This leaves me with two questions. Has anyone got a better idea and will this affect the BMU, will the stupid warning light stay on?

Last edited by MarcS on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total

I have no problem with authority. Just some of the morons that are paid to enforce it.

4Back to top Go down   Dash lights but no parkers Empty Re: Dash lights but no parkers Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:10 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
clean up the under tank connector  that goes to that rhs switch assembly
could be corrosion on the connector leading back to the loom

the park position has an alternate supply to the parker lamps

whilst in there clean all the connections with electronic cleaner and deoxit

good luck

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Dash lights but no parkers Empty Re: Dash lights but no parkers Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 am

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
I edited my previous post before I saw your new post Charlie. My shiny new tin of Deoxit should be here late in the week so I have been franticly cleaning with wet n dry. No luck yet though. I inyend to go over the whole bike when I get it.

6Back to top Go down   Dash lights but no parkers Empty Re: Dash lights but no parkers Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:56 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yeah its a bugga waiting for parts eh ?

it will be some while till i can order valve stem seals and new output shaft dampers rubber things ...THEN  a whole lot of things can be achieved ...giggles

hmm the wire grey blue would be the one … the parker light leaves the bmu as white grey
could there be a join issue issue somewhere in the harness ...that might be likely if the cables to the globe were shorted out at some stage ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   Dash lights but no parkers Empty Re: Dash lights but no parkers Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:49 am

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
The PO half stripprd the bike to "cafe racer" it. He dropped the motor out and put it back in to sell it so he may have crushed the wiring harness somewhere.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum