BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Painted Exhaust? Empty Painted Exhaust? Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:32 pm

DBRMN

DBRMN
Life time member
Life time member
I'm just curious how successful people have been with painting their exhausts with high heat paint, because I've talked to a few people who have advised me against it just because even high heat paint will burn off when on the manifold.

Any thoughts?

2Back to top Go down   Painted Exhaust? Empty Re: Painted Exhaust? Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
Even 'jet-hot coat' will eventually dull and fade like bad paint. I did this to the headers and silencers on my R100 Airhead. Two years on they'd diminished to looking like rust. But there are some newer ceramic coatings that seem to hold up well. A mate uses a version on his Bonneville Salt Flats speed record motos, for several years now, in all that salt and heat...

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

3Back to top Go down   Painted Exhaust? Empty Re: Painted Exhaust? Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:28 pm

DBRMN

DBRMN
Life time member
Life time member
Two Wheels Better wrote:Even 'jet-hot coat' will eventually dull and fade like bad paint. I did this to the headers and silencers on my R100 Airhead. Two years on they'd diminished to looking like rust. But there are some newer ceramic coatings that seem to hold up well. A mate uses a version on his Bonneville Salt Flats speed record motos, for several years now, in all that salt and heat...

Ye I've seen videos about spray on Ceramic Coatings like this one:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum