BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
G'Day,

Spent a pleasant morning with Martin changing external fuel and vacuum hoses on my 84 RS. After reading up on the forum, was confident that the procedure was straightforward. It was, but was incredibly fiddly and not one hose clamp, hose and hex bolts to bottom of air box came off or went on easily.....Martins small hands came in very handy.

When fitting the fuel return hose behind the air box, a perished vacuum line from a 'pressure switch' broke and was replaced reasonably easily.

After a few hours of fiddly work we had all done - no leaks. Martin and I went for a quick blat out to Dayboro and back - all in order.

Was curious about this vacuum line/pressure switch and checked on RealOem and confirmed it was a 'pressure switch' discontinued from 4/85.

Can anybody enlighten me on what this switch does.

Thanks in advance

Mick

ps - If you buy the preformed fuel return line from Motobins, it is easier to fit at barbs...but you wont be able to get the extra couple of inches of slack suggested to move the tank over more without disconnecting lines when accessing under tank.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Mick67 wrote:Was curious about this vacuum line/pressure switch . . . confirmed it was a 'pressure switch' discontinued from 4/85.
Can anybody enlighten me on what this switch does.
Here's a succinct explanation followed by theme variation.

Mick67

Mick67
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for that Laitch.

I went with Rick's......

"To the best of my knollege there is nothing detrimental about the switch so why stuff with it if it's working without any problems." 

Cheers

Mick

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
cheers

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
Pressure Switch on throttle body - pre 4/85  112350

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum