BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:28 am

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
Hi
From time to time some strange situation occurs and have no logical explanation so must turn to the weiser brains on this forum.
Here is the situation: (no matter engine hot or cold) when you rev for a moment like max rpm and than close throttle fully, when rpm drops it not stay on idling but chocking for moment and dies. This is flustration when you accelrate before crossing and must stop quickly. Thanj you stay on crossing with engine shut down.
Any idea where to dig for seolution?

http://www.xenum.pl

2Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
I would look for an air leak in the Z-tube and around the throttle bodies. 

It could also be a problem with the voltage regulator/brushes on the alternator causing a voltage drop that doesn't provide enough electrical power to keep the engine management systems running.  I had that problem with a 1992 K100RS 16V.  You may see a problem with keeping the battery charged.

I have a 1988 K100RS right now that needs a new regulator.  It doesn't charge the battery unless the rpm is above 3500.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

3Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:28 pm

volador

volador
Platinum member
Platinum member
PiotrK100 wrote:Hi
From time to time some strange situation occurs and have no logical explanation so must turn to the weiser brains on this forum.
Here is the situation: (no matter engine hot or cold) when you rev for a moment like max rpm and than close throttle fully, when rpm drops it not stay on idling but chocking for moment and dies. This is flustration when you accelrate before crossing and must stop quickly. Thanj you stay on crossing with engine shut down.

This is flustration when we have to guess what moto year and model you own? Maybe good to update your profile

What have you recently done to it?

4Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:07 pm

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
volador wrote:
PiotrK100 wrote:Hi

This is flustration when we have to guess what moto year and model you own? Maybe good to update your profile

What have you recently done to it?
Hi
Sorry for that, but last years I was dealing with more that few bricks. I just love that bikes, despite the fact I own also other bikes. Currently I m working on my friend bike from 1983 year, like the first from production, but the engine was changed for 1989 LT.
 Personaly doing on a new project, mine project, which is totally diferent from others. Generally I'm surrended ny bricks. Can not attach pictures on this forum...

5Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:14 pm

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
But I have my own group where I do include all pictures from my projects, so if you want to look at that you must send me request. Group CUSTOMMANIA and the picture shows K100 drivetrain so easy to recon.

6Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:51 pm

volador

volador
Platinum member
Platinum member
Fuel injectors?

Petrol tank fuel level/pump connector?

[url=http://www.kforum-tech.com/how-to/Modification for early gas tank.htm]Petrol tank return check valve?[/url]

Throttle position switch?

7Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:31 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Never hurts to (when the tank is low) pull out the fuel filter and try to blow through it to make sure that it's not restricting flow.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

8Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:42 pm

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
duck wrote:Never hurts to (when the tank is low) pull out the fuel filter and try to blow through it to make sure that it's not restricting flow.
Installed new fuel filter today. No change

9Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Clearance may be too tight on the exhaust valves or running lean.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

10Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Dies Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:11 pm

daveyson

daveyson
Life time member
Life time member
Have you eliminated any causes so far? Sometimes just normal service items are the cause like spark plug gaps too wide, leads loose, something like that.

11Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:28 am

volador

volador
Platinum member
Platinum member
clean and properly seat the LE-Jetronic ECU connector under the seat

many have encountered a loose or improperly seated connector

12Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:27 am

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
Valve clearance, done. ECU connection done. Ignition done, Spark plugs done, fuel pump and injectors done. Allmost all have been done already, so I'm a bit confused.

13Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:07 am

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Have you tried disconnecting the TPS? That might help.

(Throttle Position Switch - on the back of the throttle bodies.)

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

14Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:48 pm

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
Checked for air leak but....no that is not the reason.
But what I did is I adjust TBS and for now engine is idling droping from high rpm...will check tommorow after longer trip.
Anyway, THANKS to everyone for help!!!! cheers

15Back to top Go down   High rpm then dies Empty Re: High rpm then dies Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:32 pm

volador

volador
Platinum member
Platinum member
you owe 2 case of Zywiec to Admins for ongoing support

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum