BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GrayRider

GrayRider
After getting 1995 K1100LR started, I had no rear brake and very little in the front. After reading how many removed ABS, I ordered new braided non-abs hoses for the front and a chinese rear master cylinder and hose for the rear. I disconnected the battery, then removed the Type 2 ABS pump and control unit under the seat. I also removed the sensor harness and mounts for both wheels. I pulled the single blue abs relay and removed a heavy wire that carried 12v from the starter relay to the abs unit. I didn't try to separate the abs wiring or remove the large connector, but covered the open area with electrical tape. 
    I installed the fuel tank and battery and now when I turn on the ignition key, all looks normal; the fuel pump powers up, but the starter doesn't spin the engine over. It's in neutral, the side stand is up and I don't see any loose connections. I didn't remove anything in the gauges area. Could removing abs cause this? Any ideas?

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
According to the 94 K1100LT schematics that I have, there is no wire from the start relay to the ABS unit.  It's quite possible you've removed the 12 power source to the start relay (is the wire colour RED?).  Replace the large gauge wire you removed and see if the problem disappears.

3Back to top Go down   Performed ABSectomy, now starter won't spin engine over?? Empty Followup Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:32 pm

GrayRider

GrayRider
If you read my other post; I disconnected 12volts to my starter relay thinking I was removing a wire going to the now removed ABS unit under the seat. O.L.D. and bad glasses got me. I reconnected the 12volt feed and it started up and no more ABS flashing lights or errors and the brake light worked fine. Thanks for steering me right.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum