BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Throttle body switch? Empty Throttle body switch? Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:20 pm

Allstar

Allstar
Morning all,

I have re-wired my K100 with an M-unit blue and have had the bike running since (only idling with short throttle blips in the shed).

I'm almost at the final assembly phase but I've just noticed that I've (somehow) missed a switch. This switch is located on the back of the throttle bodies near the Throttle valve switch, and I cant seem to find any information on it.

Real OEM just refers to it as ''Switch" and I cant seem to find it on the early K wiring diagram I have. There are 2 wires and both are yellow, the plug type and wire colours are the same as my rear brake switch.

I'm hoping someone here can enlighten me as to this switches purpose!

Throttle body switch? K100_s14

Throttle body switch? K100_s15

2Back to top Go down   Throttle body switch? Empty Re: Throttle body switch? Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:36 pm

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
That is the switch for the "choke" indicator lamp in the original cluster.  When the "choke" lever on the handlebars is moved to the "On" position the light comes on as a reminder.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

3Back to top Go down   Throttle body switch? Empty Re: Throttle body switch? Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:50 am

Allstar

Allstar
Ahh of course it is! As I’ve removed the choke from my bike that never even occurred to me!

Thanks for the help!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum