BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello From BC, Canada Empty Hello From BC, Canada Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:40 pm

KelownaBMWK100

KelownaBMWK100
Hello BMW K community. I have an old 1991 BMW K100 RS that I picked up in a trade and wanted to turn into a cafe racer. I have a 1971 CB 750 that I turned into a cafe racer and I wanted to try the same with this old K100. After going through a work transition, I now have less money to spend on toys and projects and I'm looking for a new home for this K100 project bike. It took me a few years to find a K100 RS 16V with the high compression 11:1 engine as they are pretty rare in Canada. 

I was inspired by bikes like these for my project. 
From https://www.caferacerwebshop.com/en/bmw-k100rs-1990.html

I liked the way the rear wheel can be modified to look like it's floating when looking at the bike from the left. 

Here's some photos of my last mod, a 1971 CB750: 

It was a dream to breathe some new life into an old K100 but unfortunately, I don't have the time or the money to make it happen. I wanted to post this info on a site where people know how sought after these K100 16V's are. Local bike people around my area in BC don't understand the uniqueness of this classic machine. My K100 came with the RS 3 spoke rims, but I ordered a set of K1300 rims and Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 120/70/ZR17 front, and 160/60/ZR17 rear rubber because I find these upgrades make the bike look more modern and this used to be a fairly unique mod. This is a member introduction post, but also notifying the community that I will be putting this bike up for sale.

Here are some photos of the K100 project bike

If anyone knows anyone who wants to take on this project or is in the market for this rare model, please let me know.

Thanks,
Cameron
(Located in Kelowna, BC, Canada)

2Back to top Go down   Hello From BC, Canada Empty Re: Hello From BC, Canada Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:11 am

firstle

firstle
Life time member
Life time member
looks nice , one of the better attempts at yet another K cafe racer Sad , standard Ks are becoming a rare sight in the UK , love the honda  Very Happy

3Back to top Go down   Hello From BC, Canada Empty Re: Hello From BC, Canada Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:16 am

Bernie_K100

Bernie_K100
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi Cameron,

Hello From BC, Canada 177912 to this forum!

Bernie

4Back to top Go down   Hello From BC, Canada Empty Re: Hello From BC, Canada Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:23 am

Molsenxl

Molsenxl
Welcome to the forum

5Back to top Go down   Hello From BC, Canada Empty Re: Hello From BC, Canada Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:08 am

fishboy316

fishboy316
Life time member
Life time member
Hi, Welcome.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum