BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100RS - TPS Problem maybe?? Empty K100RS - TPS Problem maybe?? Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:05 am

GraydoK100RS

GraydoK100RS
Hi All - Just purchased my first BMW (K100RS - 1986). I have come into motorbiking late (early-50s) and wish I had done years ago. 

The K100RS has been rebuilt and chopped by a PO and looks like a scramble rather than cafe racer. I have plans to smarten it up somewhat inc seat (bench seat over the current cafe racer single), new handlebar to bring it closer to me with my 50 year old back. New controls (maybe motogadget or motone!) new forks and some general painting/powder coating.

I have limited motorcycle knowledge but armed with the Clymer original maintenance manual and Haynes manual and this forum I feel pretty confident about tackling most things. 

FIRST PROBLEM - Can't get past around 2,000rpm and bike cuts out at will. Lacking power throughout. Jerky and revs at will with no throttle applied. I have replaced fuel pump and filter with spark plugs to be inspected and possible replaced. I will then move to the TPS which could be the culprit if faulty. 

Any thoughts/advice on the TPS symptoms??

Good to join the forum 
Thanks all.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum