BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
As usual the rally is to be held at the Frying Pan Creek campsite in the Chichester State Forest, near Dungog.  Dungog is your last chance for any supplies, the rally is BYO everything (bottled water will be available as its summer).  If you havent been before, it's a lovely green(it is a rainforest after all) campsite with running creek(swimming) and toilet facilities.  There is a fair bit of dirt road through the forest to get there.

We usually do get a few forum people, all are wlcome as usual (BMW ownership is not essential).

If the weather is challenging and the forest people don't want us there, the dungog showground has been booked as an alternate site.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Karuah River Rally 2024 (NSW) 9th-11th February K-dogs10

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Quick report:

It was a damp weekend, so the track was pretty greasy.  A large tree fell, blocking the road in and out some time before 5pm Saturday meaning we were all stuck on the site with no idea when we'd be able to leave.  From my perspective, Marie was in town already so she was stuck there in a warm dry bed while I was in a wet tent with luckily enough resources to organise my dinner. After much to-ing and fro-ing on the Sat phone State Forestry did the right thing and had the road cleared shortly after 10 the next day (their problem was finding a driver available for heavy gear need to move the tree).

My sidecar broke a mounting so didnt get there (won the hard luck trophy).

Michael Sarah carried the K100 flame on Rosskkos old naked bike.

Al

Last edited by AL-58 on Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Karuah River Rally 2024 (NSW) 9th-11th February K-dogs10

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Al.  Glad to see we had a presence.  

I was considering it but the Dakar temporarily off the road and last time I took the 75, it shook a fairing bolt loose.  When that is combined with the potential for crappy weather and my usual riding buddy Rick unavailable I decided to pass.  Although I know a few up here were planning on going.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
thanks Al 

good to hear michael made the trip as well 
sad to hear the goldwing took a wound 

and saw some pics - video of those adventurous types going under that tree on the way in , posted in another place on the internet .

hopefully Gerty will be on the road soon and make next years adventure ..(been occupied with many projects this year ...indeed )

currently working on a head modification  ready to install after a full clean up of all the combustion chamber stuff and replacing valve stem seals that had deteriorated since the last time i was in there ...some many kilometers ago ... much burnt oil residue was evident on the exhaust valves , with traces of oil coating the inlet ports ...much like you would see on the internals of the block . ring gap on inspection was 14 thou , after installing new rings at 11 -12 thou some years ago .

Karuah River Rally 2024 (NSW) 9th-11th February 20240110

Karuah River Rally 2024 (NSW) 9th-11th February 20240111

Karuah River Rally 2024 (NSW) 9th-11th February 20240210

now fitted with a 12 rivet output shaft (many thanks to Rene a globe trotting contributor to the forum , who now lives just around the corner from me ), she should make 400,000 klms  in the coming years. fingers crossed. .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum