BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Intermittent Speedo Empty Intermittent Speedo Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:47 am

tedinniebos

tedinniebos
The speedo on my '86 K100 RS works very randomly. If it decides to work at the beginning of a ride, it normally keeps working, but about 3 out of 4 times it doesn't work at all during a ride. I've checked the connections - all seems fine. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot/what to look for?

Thanks in advance!
Ted

2Back to top Go down   Intermittent Speedo Empty Re: Intermittent Speedo Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:07 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
The speedo sensor is in the rear drive remove it and clean the face that usually works. You can often check the workings by holding a electric mains soldering iron close to the drive and it will induce a pulsing into the sensor. Not real sure but from memory 50hz is 36mph.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Intermittent Speedo Empty Re: Intermittent Speedo Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:53 am

tedinniebos

tedinniebos
Thanks Rick G! I'll try that tonight, and post feedback.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum