BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Tank cap position Empty Tank cap position Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:33 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Okay guy's
Please forgive me for being a complete dork, but having read a few threads here I have noticed that it is mentioned that the fuel cap has to be in a certain position and that this may be the opposite of what I have on my bike.
Only having had the cap of once to change the filter I put things back the way I had found them and that is with the hinge at the front and the cap lifting up towards the screen is this correct or not.

BIG D

2Back to top Go down   Tank cap position Empty Re: Tank cap position Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:49 am

The hinge should be towards the back and the vent is on the left hand side. Be careful the vent hole is not blocked.

3Back to top Go down   Tank cap position Empty Re: Tank cap position Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
i found mine that way too bigd .....i dont know if im an idiot ...but i just turned the seal/gasket around to line up with the vent hole ...i guess it lets acumulated water and stuff drain right through the tank to the capture thingy below ...

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   Tank cap position Empty Re: Tank cap position Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:08 pm

philthy

Never thought about it that way Charlie but it makes sense! I always wondered what happened to water around the cap. Guess that's my lesson for the day LOL!

5Back to top Go down   Tank cap position Empty Re: Tank cap position Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:35 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Thank's for the help guy's will remedy as soon as possible, and thanks TWB I will take care to check the vent.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum