BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Why We Ride. Empty Why We Ride. Wed May 11, 2011 5:02 am

At work yesterday in the break room at smoko time an eager young technician (who fancies low-slung sportscars with low profile tyres and very big amplifiers in the boot) asked me why I "always ride motorbikes". It wasn't rhetorical, he wanted an answer. But the young are often distracted and possess a short attention span, are easily moved on by something shiny and new, and anything bright and flashing seems to do. I had time to think. About a second all up, then I responded, "When I twist the throttle I turn the world".

That about sums it up for me. If I am feeling down or pensive, struggling with an idea or a relationship, worried over bills or the sad state of this often sorry world, or even if I'm as happy as a Prole who’s finally had that really big hit on the Lotto, I get out for a ride. I go. I go far. I go near. It doesn't matter. I'm gone. MC’s got hammer time but I’ve got helmet time. Right hand variable resistance, fuel and air venturi testing with mental therapy as its purpose. The wheels roll under me and my troubles fade away like yesterday’s bad news. The road rolls towards me and so does the future, and my world changes. What was daunting yesterday seems somehow easier today. There's a lot I can't change. I’m not out to tilt the earth on its axis. I accept those things as part and parcel of life. But I can turn my world.
~TWB

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Wed May 11, 2011 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The forum doesn't seem to like Word Docs!)

2Back to top Go down   Why We Ride. Empty Re: Why We Ride. Wed May 11, 2011 5:08 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
amen ........

been doing that for more years than i care to remember twb

and not an unfarmiliar thought amongst many of us ...i suspect ...

thanks for putting into words ...what we all know to be true ...
cheers brother ...(clinks stubies )

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Why We Ride. Empty Re: Why We Ride. Sat May 14, 2011 11:37 am

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
Cool

Likewise TWB saved my sanity on many an occasion, man /machine own thoughts.

BIG D

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum