BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New member from Greece Empty New member from Greece Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:18 am

Locksmith

⭐ Hello everybody, Im from Greece and my father owns a 1986 K100RS ABS with only 30.000 miles since new. He laid her down once and had to replace the tank, fairing and front system but, we decided to install the facelift parts and ABS. So now she's more advanced and offcourse, prettyer! Very Happy Anyway, I really like this bike and Im planning to keep it indefinitely because she's in great shape and also something that I have connected my father with. Im sure I will find loads of valuable info here and maaaybe a pair of2-piston brembo calipers from the K1100!

New member from Greece DSC03272

New member from Greece DSC03283

2Back to top Go down   New member from Greece Empty Re: New member from Greece Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:37 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome locksmith,

From my experience, the biggest improvement on brakes could be obtained by installing stainless steel braided hoses.
I have one bike equiped with the original rubber brake hoses and another with the stainless steel braided and the difference is like day and night.
I am in the process of replacing the originals on the K100
Why does it makes such a difference?
When you brake, the rubber stretches and absorbes some of the pressure.
I would try this before replacing the calipers. Even if you decide to get some double pistons after, the stainless steel hoses will still improve the braking power.

3Back to top Go down   New member from Greece Empty Re: New member from Greece Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Locksmith

Thanks, its nice to be here. Well, apart from the better braking, I also want them for looks so, any better looking caliper that is going to fit straight on the OEM rotors / disks will do (and be compatible with the ABS and master cylinder). Do you have anything to propose on that? I will install braided lines as well but thats the easy part..! Very Happy

I also runned a search in here under "brembo k1100" and "brembo" but nothing came up? Sad

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum