BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   clutch pack balance?  Empty clutch pack balance? Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:16 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi, has any one ever taken the k100 clutch pack as a unit and had it balanced?

Thanks
Brian

2Back to top Go down   clutch pack balance?  Empty Re: clutch pack balance? Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:14 pm

chrish8846

Silver member
Silver member
I guess most machine shops could do that for you. I read a clutch replacement DIY on here some where and the guy recommended marking them before you remove them but that said he said that he had not done that at times and did not have any abnormal vibration on reassembly.I think I would try to mark them though just to be safe. I did that on my last clutch but the paint came off when I handled the parts, luckily the factory marks were still on the parts.

3Back to top Go down   clutch pack balance?  Empty Re: clutch pack balance? Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:33 pm

Due to the relative light weight of our K's flywheel/clutch assembly it would make little difference to smoothness and rev-ability, while a pre-'81 Airhead benefits greatly from such a thing, along with crank, conrod and piston balance.

4Back to top Go down   clutch pack balance?  Empty Re: clutch pack balance? Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:03 pm

yankeeone

Platinum member
Platinum member
Thanks, I did have them marked, and put them back the same way they came out. I just repaired the output shaft rivets and pre load spring/gear, and there is slight vibration that was not there before, the bike also whines more but I think thats normal. the spring on the preload gear on the output shaft was very worn, so there was no tension on it at all. Any way I am going to replace the alt. drive dogs that are a little worn , and had that problem on the k75 once where there was no vibration till I took off the alt' for spline lube and had bad vibration after.The rubber thingies were the culprit then, so I hope now will be the problem too.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum